Neverwinter MMO, 100% FREE! :)

I got in this weekend betas for this and Defiance. Only have time for one and this is probably going to be it. Hopefully it doesn't suck!

I ended up playing it all weekend. Went in with low expectations (another MMO, right?) but was actually surprised. It was a lot of fun. The crosshair targeting mechanic is a nice change from tab-targeting like in WoW.

And it's free to play so I'll definitely be playing it at launch.

it doesnt look too bad from some of the videos ive watched. seems a bit easy at the beginning but thats kinda to be expected at the beginning of games.

I received an invite for this last weekend, completely lost interest when I saw they were selling the in game currency for cash, at least as part of the founders packs.

Solo friendly is the oposite of D&D. Unless you are chaotic evil and screwed everyone over for ultimate dominion. Even then some band of do gooders will kill you!

I received an invite for this last weekend, completely lost interest when I saw they were selling the in game currency for cash, at least as part of the founders packs.

isnt that to be expected with a free to play game?

it's like Guild Wars 2, meaning that the cash-shop money can be obtained in-game without spending a cent.

EVERY single thing in the cash shop can be obtained without spending any real money.

you can get Astral diamonds (what the founders packs come with) in-game, through certain functions.

Open beta starts April 30. But this is basically also the release date, since the last character wipe will be Apr 25.

Good stuff.

1 day, 8 more hours until open beta opens. I'm kind of surprised this thread isn't higher up.

Anyone else playing already?

I'm on the Mindflayer server, currently lv 19.

It's been pretty fun, but since it's f2p it's obvious a lot of things ar epushed to make you spend money (like the "lockboxes" that drop that require keys that are bought by using zen (the real money currency), though they are tradeable and you can find some on the AH.

Combat is fun, at least for the control wizard it is (GWF seemed a bit boring imo).

I'm still waiting for the official open beta, which is why I haven't commented more. Plus I've been playing a lot of Path of Exile, so I don't have a lot to contribute yet.

Nice, I've been looking for a new mmo to play. I will definately check it out when it opens up

Yeah I played all weekend. I'm playing a tank this time around. Shield blocking is a cool mechanic and boss fights are very in-your-face. The game is pretty fun IMO, and being free I definitely recommend people at least try it out.

how far can you zoom the camera out? all the videos i've seen are too close for my comfort level..if its stuck at that distance, sadly, I have to pass on this one..too bad, it looks gorgeous.

I'll repost this as interest is starting to pick up on this game again. This was for a beta weekend. No voice-over, just gameplay. It covers character creation through the first 40 or so minutes of gameplay.

http://youtu.be/GQ3-120f8YM

It's actually a fixed camera, you can't zoom in or out aside from in "inspect" mode (where the UI is hidden)

That is one of the main complaints most people have, most of them actually say it's too FAR out, and want to be able to zoom in, you're the first that I've seen that thinks it's too close.

says i'm not allowed in, i have closed beta invite. shouldn't i be able to get in on the open beta?

game being released? :confused: :eek: :confused:

Yes, tomorrow it goes into "open beta," but it's really the release, as there are no character wipes and founders have already been playing (Hero founders for 5 days now, Guardian for 3 days).

Didn't realize it's going into open beta until I saw that streamer guy Kripp stated that he will be playing it tomorrow, lol.

Guess I'll try it out. Hope the latency is not too bad for Oceania players.

Anyone have any thoughts on what this is like? Comparisons? Pros/Cons?

Anyone have any thoughts on what this is like? Comparisons? Pros/Cons?

i'm not playing it but watching vids reminds me alot of D3...looks very linear and clausterphobic environments...not my thing and don't call this a mmorpg in the vein of wow, swtor, aion, etc...its an action rpg

people looking for a true mmo/world need to look elsewhere

I find it fascinating that NO ONE is reading the quest texts from quest givers..lmao...why these develoipers even bother with writing staffs is beyond me...just have empty quests with no text and the lemmings will love it...LOL

NEXT !!

i'm not playing it but watching vids reminds me alot of D3...looks very linear and clausterphobic environments...not my thing and don't call this a mmorpg in the vein of wow, swtor, aion, etc...its an action rpg

I find it fascinating that NO ONE is reading the quest texts from quest givers..lmao...why these developers even bother with writing staffs is beyond me...just have empty quests with no text and the lemmings will love it...LOL

NEXT !!

i have to agree, i almost feel bad because i do this.. im like man this is cool they are voiced and nice logs. But then im like i dont care i just want to kill stuff , level up and get shiny stuff... i actually having trouble pulling myself away from Eve to even play this and sadly i bought the guardian founder awhile ago and now i just want to play Eve which im addicted too and have 2 accounts.

I find it fascinating that NO ONE is reading the quest texts from quest givers..lmao...why these develoipers even bother with writing staffs is beyond me...just have empty quests with no text and the lemmings will love it...LOL

NEXT !!

Heh it's the reality. We're well into the instant gratification phase as gamers. We want the bling and bam, right here, and right now. Who the hell wants to read anyway? Reading's for squares.

For the record, I read every. single. thing. I hate missing shit, and I know a lot of people that feel the same way. Hell, when I played WoW, even on my 4th or 5th alts, I still read quest text. Why? Because I liked it.

20ish minutes left.. servers will probably get pounded so I'll just back off for a couple hours.

wow, what the heck...I can even get the launcher to load so I can input my user/password...I'm just sitting here staring at an empty whitebox....

Yeah..no, you are just wrong.

NEXT !!

So you haven't played it yet you say that it sucks. mmm k.

Back