Never-ending story continues, this time IDE controller issues

Acer_Sheep

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi again, I had a thread here about my computer's problems with mainboard and thought it is fixed finally but another problem arised. This time I have problem with boot-up computer, most of attempts, it is saying there is OS loading error and once if it finally launch, computer goes fine, until I want to store some bigger file on second hard drive, the file copy or transfer is paused randomly couple of times and it is very increasing the operation time, for example the copy of 2GB video files from primary drive to secondary took over 20 mins, and when the transfer freezes, all applications also do the same, but computer is still alive, only appears that is waiting for new data form HDs and remain frozen for a while for about 2 mins frozen, than 1 min working and all over again, and same happen with FTP transfers. This problem happens only when I'm using second drive for copying or downloading, reading is working fine all the time. And primary drive working all the time only the boot problem occurs, HD activity LED is never turned on.This seems to be like blocked controller or something similiar. I have configuration of 2 IDE drives in this computer. Are the drives bad or shall I replace them with SATA one or simply I have bad luck again and storage controller is only unidirectional? :D

Thanks for any help, system info attached bellow

Back