Need help in finding GPU blocks.

reimann3

Limp Gawd
I'm looking into watercooling my GPUs I want to run Sapphire 7970 Ghz 11197-03 in crossfire. The factory coolers take up so much space that they crowd out all of the rest of my PCIe slots.WHat need help with is locating the waterblocks. Because of the age of the GPUs no one seems to stock ones for this model. I'll eventually run everything on water but for now I'll be happy to do these.

Koolance's GPU-220 is pretty nice too--low profile and gives the option of going straight up or out from the side. Don't know how it performs compared to swiftech's, though.

Here's how I have it in my loop--straight-up barbs, no angle fittings. If you did that with the HD7900-HSF you may need to modify it slightly--don't know how much that heatsink sticks up above the pcb.

It depends which version of this card you have? Brown or blue pcb. I had the same card and had the same train of thought but only the versions with the brown pcb are true reference design. For the blue pcb csrd other than theoretically a modded koolance waterblock the caps protrude too far for any full cover blocks to work. Your only custom loop solution would be a universal block.

Back