Need a Mobo recommendation

reimann3

Limp Gawd
It looks like I'm going to be able to make it by a Microcenter. When I do I'm pretty much sold on getting a 4790k so this will be a z97. It's going to be really hard to get me to buy something other than ASUS. I've never owned anything other than ROG boards. The key here I would like to save a few bucks. If money wasn't tight for me I'd be put together a 5820k/x99 build. I don't have that extra $200-$300

Here's what you need to know. I'm looking at either MiniITX or possibly mATX. This is going to be a LAN party type box. I'm a Starcraft addict. It's not going to have more than 3 SATA ports in use. I'll OC it if I can but that isn't a dealbreaker. I'm going to use it for gaming with a single GPU. It's also going to be used for converting 1080i tv captures. Audio outputs aren't important.

I'd say I have it narrowed down to the Z97I-PLUS and MAXIMUS VII IMPACT. Both are MiniITX and both already come with built in wireless. I'm trying to decide if I can do without the extra bells and whistles ASUS puts in the ROG boards

Last edited:
on paper, they're the same, they provide all the features that you're looking for so I'd go with the cheaper one (Asus Z97I-Plus)

Back