NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Just to clarify I got an email awhile back saying:

Hello email address,

Congratulations! You’ve brought the ‘NCASE M1 Mini-ITX PC case’ team one step further to making their campaign happen!

Here are the details of your contribution:

Contribution Amount: $205
Payment Method: PayPal
Perk: M1 (US Shipping Included)
Estimated Delivery Date: January 31, 2014
Shipping Information:

Home Address
United States

NOTE: This is a Fixed Funding campaign. Though your payment will be processed immediately, you will receive a refund if the campaign does not reach its funding goal.

Need to add more information about your contribution, or ask about your perk? Ask NCASE (the campaign owner).

Invite your friends to contribute to ‘NCASE M1 Mini-ITX PC case’ by email, Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

That means that I bought the bought case correct?

Correct.

Wow, was using pagemonitor to watch the page for changes and was notified that someone was refunded. Got in for the last one until someone else asks for a refund. Good luck guys, you all should do the same if you missed out on it the first time.

Wow, was using pagemonitor to watch the page for changes and was notified that someone was refunded. Got in for the last one until someone else asks for a refund. Good luck guys, you all should do the same if you missed out on it the first time.

Or you could just go to their website and order it directly from them.

Any chance we can swapout the regular odd slot top for a no slot top? (aka, get it without paying $15 for the 'additional' stop)

Just wanted to say thanks to Wahaha360 and Necere for putting up with all the BS with IGG, Paypal, and us annoying geeks. I'm sure it will all work out in the end but I can't imagine this is easy keeping track of everything and all the problems. Thanks again. :D

Is it possible to order the no-slot cover in a different color than the case itself?

Just wanted to say thanks to Wahaha360 and Necere for putting up with all the BS with IGG, Paypal, and us annoying geeks. I'm sure it will all work out in the end but I can't imagine this is easy keeping track of everything and all the problems. Thanks again. :D

no doubt, what a pain in the ass

also, I still want a wizard fighting a dragon drawn in sharpie on my shipping box

Any chance we can swapout the regular odd slot top for a no slot top? (aka, get it without paying $15 for the 'additional' stop)

Not at this time, because that might create a lot of problems .

Increase variation of M1 = increase probability of error for operations.

I have seen both black & silver in person. Personally, I think NO ODD Top Cover is more important for Silver than Black.

Last edited:
Is there demo one available for viewing somewhere in NYC ?

Ordered silver with no ODD, to have an extra front panel for modding.

Is there demo one available for viewing somewhere in NYC ?

Ordered silver with no ODD, to have an extra front panel for modding.
The ODD slot is on the top panel, not the front. So you will get a spare top panel, not a front one.

none :p (I might hide an SD Card reader there instead)

Nice, maybe I'll just go with an external or just take my Bluray drive out of my haf x for an OS install. Or figure out how to install a OS from a thumb drive.

We decided to extend pre-orders on our own website for the few that missed IGG.

The Reason:
1) Funds sent by IGG to PayPal cannot be refunded 100% back to our backers. The payment is technically sent by IGG, not by the backer and the refund function is disabled. In the end, we lose $ from our own pockets in order to refund our backers in full.
2) IGG is slow getting back to our customers and us.
3) A contribution via PayPal between backers and us provides us certified shipping addresses of our backers for reference.

To this I can only say...FUCK YEAH. I can't believe I just ordered a black case with no cutout. Between this and all the other changes Necere made, you guys designed a custom pc case tailor made just for me.

And Necere, that little cut out beneath the back fan mount was genius for those of us that will use the fan outside so we can route the cable inside easily.

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Ps. Wahaha360, like I explained to you on the pm I sent you, I might change to the UK in the next couple of months, but I'm sure there won't be a problem in shipping the case there instead of here in Portugal. The reason I wanted this case so much was so I could have a very powerful computer that can travel with me.

Well hopefully my 4 different orders go through correctly. 1 black case $205, 1 silver $206, 1 black top $15, 1 silver top $16. Please don't add more options :p

It's $15 regardless of colour.

Then how are they to differentiate the color?

They used the $1 difference for the case orders, so it only seems logical to apply to the tops as well. Especially if you ordered 2 different case colors, but only wanted 1 top.

YES! I was also finally able to get a brand new Swiftech H220 for $135. So lucky! My NCase BattleBox will be awesome. So exciting.

That shouldn't be in a post on the forums. It should be on the indiegogo page if that is the expected path to ordering a specific color. I think the perk options could have been done a lot better.

Just my opinion...

That shouldn't be in a post on the forums. It should be on the indiegogo page if that is the expected path to ordering a specific color. I think the perk options could have been done a lot better.

Just my opinion...
You're right, that info would have been more helpful if it were added to the campaign page. I guess that the whole silver and black thing has caused a bit of confusion at times. I'm not sure why there wasn't a seperate perk for the silver case for a start...

A certain motherboard is now available at newegg. $229.99 + $7.56 shipping.

Actually it's THE MOTHER OF ALL MOTHERBOARDS.

That's the one I'm getting. Just really undecided on the gpu. Planned on a titan but the next gen consoles being all amd, I'll probably wait to see what amd has in store for the new season before committing to something. Got a few months until my black baby arrives.

You're right, that info would have been more helpful if it were added to the campaign page. I guess that the whole silver and black thing has caused a bit of confusion at times. I'm not sure why there wasn't a seperate perk for the silver case for a start...

Fair criticism. It was poor judgement in hindsight.

To offer Silver and Black as separate option would require us to split the total quantity (600) between the colors and options.

We didn't know how to divide the total quantity, so ended up making people do math and left things to interpretation, which we know now is a problem.

Is the MAXIMUS VI really worth the $50 over the Z87I-Deluxe? Genuine question, as I've yet to buy a board for my 4670K based build.

$40? ($189 vs $229) I was debating the same point myself. The Z87i-Deluxe should be great as well with its 12-phase power and 6 sata ports. They are almost the same from what I can tell except color. I wish they had done the deluxe in black/gold rather than yellow/gold.

Edit: I see now, sale price 5% off the Z87I-Deluxe. Time to buy :)

Last edited:
Is the MAXIMUS VI really worth the $50 over the Z87I-Deluxe? Genuine question, as I've yet to buy a board for my 4670K based build.

Probably. At least if you need the more granular OC options, the higher quality soundcard, or the need for M2/NGFF SSD slot. Otherwise, I don't think much else is majorly different.

Price for the VI Impact isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I'm probably still gonna stick with getting the Deluxe, since I'm not sure I want to give up 2 of the SATA ports just to get the better soundcard (which may or may not interfere with my cooler choice).

Dammit! Guess another 15bucks from me
Although I have a black one I still go for the no ODD top panel

To offer Silver and Black as separate option would require us to split the total quantity (600) between the colors and options.

We didn't know how to divide the total quantity, so ended up making people do math and left things to interpretation, which we know now is a problem.

Too bad the default was with slot and the option was for no slot. I would have preferred no slot since I have a couple of external optical drives. That way the option cost would have gone to adding something rather than removing something. But I am not complaining, I got an extra feature without paying for it. :)

Fair enough. I knew that there had to be a logical reason as to why there weren't seperate perks for the two colours, and that being the, er... case, I'm not sure how else you could have done it. Also, in hindsight, it was actually beneficial to those like me who changed their mind about the colour after ordering.:)

Last edited:
@adamantium @AFD - Thanks for the answers guys - I knew that I could rely on you! I guess I'll probably still buy the Deluxe (actually called the Z87I-PRO over here in the UK), as I had originally intended.

I was wondering what came of the No ODD-slot tops!

In for a silver and a black to match my two cases :D

All the parts I needed are out and no case to put 'em in :mad:
Here's to the new year coming quickly!!

Just ordered a H220 wooho.. also saw my old passive cooler in the basement :) when the titan needs cooling..

the motherboard debate is a good question, i had som ROG motherboards, but blamed most of my OC on the Intel Chips, aka processors..

but the no odd top cover isnt a done deal yet for me at least.. maybe i shall just buy a slot in Bluray to compensate..

Question:

Is it only possible to use a 2x120 radiator with a SFX PSU?... because thats what it looks like, but i havent read it so far.,

if thats the case then i can go SFX PSU hunting :) "filling up the basement" :)

For SFX PSU isnt the Silverstone SFX Gold Rated like considered the best one?

Make sure you get version 2.0 with "supposedly fixes the fan problems", but I've heard from people on the forums still complaining that it's still too loud. Can anyone chime in who has version 2 and tell me how the noise is on idle and load?

@adamantium @AFD - Thanks for the answers guys - I knew that I could rely on you! I guess I'll probably still buy the Deluxe (actually called the Z87I-PRO over here in the UK), as I had originally intended.

Sure thing! Not sure if they've changed it or not, but originally, Asus Global had both the Z87i-Pro & Z87i-Deluxe listed. Only difference was the Pro had 802.11b/g/n and the Deluxe had the faster b/g/n/ac wi-fi module.

All the parts I needed are out and no case to put 'em in :mad:
Here's to the new year coming quickly!!

Fk. Yeah. :p

Well, if you don't need the features of the more expensive mobo and on a tighter budget then its pretty easy to decide. Either one will do a fine job I'm thinking.

Back