NBC Rewind streaming videos don't play

srangara

Postposterous
So I think this idea of putting entire episodes of your shows on a website is a great way of discouraging illegal file sharing (e.g. http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full_episodes/?show=heroes).

However, I am unable to view their full episodes. After a quick flash of 'Loading Video', I end up staring at a black window with a progress bar that looks like a gray barbershop pole gone haywire and a time of 00:00.

The first ad shows up just fine (but only if I click the 'Part 1' link) and other videos on the site (e.g. Two-Minute Replays) work perfectly.

The site seems to be using Flash for the video, which I've updated to 9.

This behavior is consistent on IE6 and Firefox. Both browsers also display a slow memory usage buildup (over the last hour at the above URL, firefox.exe has increased from 36k to 45k), but network usage is a flatline, so it doesn't look like anything is being downloaded. IE even locks the CPU at 100% usage for 30 seconds if I navigate somewhere else or close the browser.

I've seen dribs and drabs of streaming video issues here and on Google, but no solution. Any ideas?

srangara said:
So I think this idea of putting entire episodes of your shows on a website is a great way of discouraging illegal file sharing (e.g.
I dunno about that. It's nice to view them, but they usually have commercials. And file sharing gives you the file so you can view it anytime and not just with an internet connection, a good one at that.

Never mind. Turns out it's only available for US IP addresses.

Looks like I'm out of luck for the Battlestar Galactica Webisodes, as well.

Back