My Q6600 temps, 60c load good?

chanchan

Limp Gawd
So I'm using a Thermaltake Armor LCS system.

Now I'm getting 60c under load with about 24-26c ambient (air con with closed room door). This is with P95 stressing all FOUR cores & my 8800 GTX working it with a game running in windowed mode.

Idle ranges from 35-40c.

CPU voltage is 1.36v under CPU-Z (the newest gives accurate voltages apparently).

Will probably try some lapping soon.

How are my temps?

What's rory?

Well two of the cores are 60c two of them are around 55c-58c

Yes it's overclocked @ 1333 FSB x9 = 3.0GHz

Whats rory lol. I think that your temps are a bit high TBH. The LCS isn't really that good though, the rads positioning in the case causes the temps to be higher. I would take the clocks and the voltage down a bit, or I would get a new rad and mount it somewhere else in the case, like the rear.

I think I need some lapping ...

Core #0 35c
Core #1 36c
Core #2 33c
Core #3 30c

This is idle right now.

Whats rory lol. I think that your temps are a bit high TBH. The LCS isn't really that good though, the rads positioning in the case causes the temps to be higher. I would take the clocks and the voltage down a bit, or I would get a new rad and mount it somewhere else in the case, like the rear.

Why? Until you hit 90-100c the chip is perfectly safe. There's no need to downclock!

I think I need some lapping ...

Core #0 35c
Core #1 36c
Core #2 33c
Core #3 30c

This is idle right now.

That's not bad at all.

Is the 8800 in the loop? If so that doesn't seem too bad. If not, then the Thermalright Ultra Extreme's or whatever they're called can do better.

Nope 8800 is using stock ACS3 cooling, and it's adding lots of heat to the case -_-

I'll probably add it later on when I can afford a block, probably an EK or Swiftech one.

Most likely at the same time I'll change the CPU block to.

Using the watercooling parts in my sig, I am barely scratching 60C at 3.6 and 1.4375v in bios (1.39 actual). Not directly comparable, but with high end air you can probably do better. You refer to your 8800GTX dumping heat into your case, what is your case air flow like? Buy an Antec Cyclone PCI blower to get any excess heat out of the case that is being pushed through the HS vents on the 8800GTX.

I get these temps at 3600 MHz not 3000 MHz, vcore in sig. I'm assuming I'm fine as well, right?

If you recently seated it and addedArtic Silver, it takes afew days/weeks. It might go down 2-5C during that time period. IMO 60C load oced on a QCpu dont sound to bad.

When you guys say load, do you mean under something like Prime95 running at full steam on all 4 cores? My Q6600 is doing about 58-60 on the first two cores under load with Prime95. The other 2 cores are sitting nicely at 45c. Maybe I need to lap my heatsink? It was a pain in the ass to put on :) If I launch a race sim or something the cores dont get that hot so maybe I'm good but I'd like to be cooler than this. Vcore is set to 1.328

^^ Mine's almost the same (only my other two cores hover around 50 rather than 40) so I'm lapping my CPU as soon as I can.

Are you using the latest version of Prime95? 45/60 sounds way too big of a spread. Most people get 7-4C spread between their cores. Sounds like two of them are idling while you test the other two, or your waterblock is mounted incorrectly.

My Q6600 B3 sits at 62C under fill load. Its running at 3.2GHz with 1.41/1.42v (off load / loaded, yes I have modded the eVGA 680i board). Idle currently sits at 48C in a warm room.

I am not worried by this because,
1) Idle can be anything but the improtant temp is the one under full load.
2) Idle temps are affected more by the ambiant temp than the loaded temps are.
3) The Q6600 has a max core temp of 100C and I am well below this.

All the above is with a Swiftech H20 Ultra+ on the CPU, Chipset and GPU (x1900GT) running on the 2x120 rad and the 2 fans at 5v (so silent).

When gaming with Bioshock I see a max of 52C on the cores and the IHS and GPU read a max of 45C no matter how hard I push things.

Back