my Cod5 Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexbryant75

Weaksauce
Ok some of you guys may have had the same dream.. but if cod5 wasn't going to be WW2 and if it was going to be a sequel to cod4 then how awesome would it be if you still played as Soap but you had a new squad and you led them..

Ok some of you guys may have had the same dream.. but if cod5 wasn't going to be WW2 and if it was going to be a sequel to cod4 then how awesome would it be if you still played as Soup but you had a new squad and you led them..

Soup?? i guess his nickname is Soap :p

i liked the WW2 theme :)
modern warfare was nice too, i particularly enjoyed the sniper missions
there are still a lot of Nazis to kill ;)

Future wardfare, if done on a realistic basis, will not be man-on-man combat so much. BF2142 was a blunder in many ways because of this... the vehicles just were not believable, nor the weapons. I would leave the 'future' alone, unless you make some weird 'alternate universe' future... like 'post WW3', to retard the progress of technology. But face it, its going to be 'nano-virus' warfare, exotic EM weapons, drones, robots, suits, etc... stuff like that. Thats why Unreal is explained as an 'arena' event, because if it was an actual war, every soldier would have a scoped BFG with sat uplink and orbital artillery... or something like that... you get the idea. Something more along the lines of 'Heavy Gear' would be more likely... but man on man combat is likely to be minimal and so techno, its boring. One of the great aspects of the CoD series is the 'realism'. Perhaps something only set 20 years in the future though... F2000's, Steyr Aug, etc... I wish there was an expansion for CoD4 that would have all the cool other rifles out there... like Stoners, CAWS, SCARs... you get the idea. And maybe the abilty to combine silencers and scopes or silencers and red-dot.

I rather kill muslim's then german's in a game.
But it will be fun regardless.

Wow. Just, wow.

What does wow mean? You're offended? Insulted?
its ok to kill Germans (most German military personnel in WWII were not party believers) But not Muslims or anyone else?

Kill whitey = good!
Kill browny = bad?

its ok to kill Germans (most German military personnel in WWII were not party believers) But not Muslims or anyone else?

Kill whitey = good!
Kill browny = bad?

Very good point,

but back to topic news was released last week that cod5 will be based on the pacific theater, so no "german" killing, just shotin the Japanese.

As long as its historical accurate am happy.

excellent! I've been waiting for a new Pacific Theater fps, should be interesting.

come on. they'll have cod6 on mars fighting aliens before they'll EVER have a cod that takes place in vietnam.

Kill whitey = good!
Kill browny = bad?

Or it could be a case of gross generalizations that is found offensive.... Ignorance and intolerance are the leading killers of man….

I didn't interpret the comment as anything to do with Muslims or Germans in particular.

You don't see anything wrong with finding one shooter more enjoyable than another, purely on the basis of the race / religion of the people you're killing?

On topic, I'd like to see CoD in an alternate history setting, in the vein of Iron Storm, Turning Point or Red Alert. The series has always been excellent in most respects, but the plots are pretty uninspired, even if they are superbly presented. To be fair though, I don't think there's ever been a WWII game with a memorable storyline...

Vehicles and silenced sniper rifles are a must.

I would not mind jeeps plowing thru unsuspecting guards or even guard dogs. Throwing a grenade into a truck full of Nazis and watching them try to jump out would be more realistic AI.

COD 4 was the only game in the series I liked due to its modern setting. I wish like hell #5 would go forward. Maybe Capt. Price survives or, as noted earlier, Soap's got his own team of SAS. I'd love to see U.S. special forces (Green Berets, Delta) as part of the story, too. A great theme for COD 5 would be some small conflict that erupts into a clash between the U.S and China.

I am German, and i believe there are still a lot of Nazis to shoot ;)

Kill whitey = good!
Kill browny = bad?

No, but they were military personnel, who'd signed up to the armed forces. It's their job, whereas being muslim doesn't equate to being a combatant.

Y'big spastics.

Anyway, intentionally provocative and attention-starved remarks aside, CoD5 isn't worth bothering with because it's another of the wankybollocks non-infinity ward jobs.

I just wish you could USE the vehicles instead of just hanging out in them. I want to drive the TANK, dadnabbit!

Yeah we need more original ideas.

Call of Duty: Colonial Wars - spawn, line up, march into muskets, respawn, repeat...

or

Call of Duty: WW1 - spawn, line up, march into mgs, respawn, repeat

But its still more fun than playing GRAW. :p

I wouldn't mind medieval warfare. Or perhaps a Chinese dynasty type with ninjas and samurai and the such.

Treyarch aims to "explore the darkest corners of WWII," giving the military shooter more of a survival horror flavor by "tackling darker themes" and pitting players against a "new, seemingly alien fighting force."

Uh oh.

Quote:
Treyarch aims to "explore the darkest corners of WWII," giving the military shooter more of a survival horror flavor by "tackling darker themes" and pitting players against a "new, seemingly alien fighting force."

Uh oh.

Is it called Return to Return to Castle Wolfenstein?

They Need vehicles and bigger maps. I heard UO was great , but my first cod was cod2 and every cod game since then did not have vehicles. It's getting boring, but maybe that's why i still prefer battlefield.

They Need vehicles and bigger maps. I heard UO was great , but my first cod was cod2 and every cod game since then did not have vehicles. It's getting boring, but maybe that's why i still prefer battlefield.

Call Of Duty is not Battlefield !!

You don't see anything wrong with finding one shooter more enjoyable than another, purely on the basis of the race / religion of the people you're killing?

I said muslims because in
Cod 1: killed Germans (woot fun)
Cod 2: killed Germans (ehh, still fun)
Cod 3: killed Germans (meh, felt the same)
Cod 4: killed Muslims and others (WOOT, change in the cod series, story was awsome and modern)
Cod 5: back to killing germans (I will wait to play the game before I give my opinion on it)

(I just personally like a change other than the WWII genre in the CoD series)

COD:UO is the best multiplayer of all the COD games.

The maps were large, but not so large hoofing it was useless. The maps also made snipers and deployable MG's useful but vulnerable at the same time. It was perfectly balanced and tons of fun.

If COD4 had a vehicle expansion with 1 light transport, 1 apc, and 1 tank per team the game would rock. Imagine a larger Iraqi city with Humvees, small cars, and tanks. It'd be pretty badass.

korean war...red china and north korea with russian technology vs the UN ftw

Vietnam... that would be a new one for CoD... I used to love Battlefield Vietnam, I think CoD would do it justice.

Hey Monkey God... The Steyr Aug is ONLY 20 years old... compared to the M16, G3, MP44, AK47, etc... thats nothing in terms of 'modern' weapons.

The Spetsnaz should have the AS Val, since that was the rifle that was made for them...

Other weapons to add into CoD4:
-Steyr Aug
-FAMAS
-Barrett M468 (set to replace M16)
-FN SCAR-L and SCAR-H (Navy Seal Rifles)
-FN F2000
-HK XM8 (was going to replace M16, based on AG36)
-HK XM25/29 OICW
-SIG 550, 551,552 (Counter Strike, Anyone?)
-Robinson Armaments M-96 and XCR rifle (based on Stoner63)
-HK 417 (also posed to replace the M16)
-Australian AICW
-AK-108 (modern version of AK47)
-Barrett Rifle (w/o scope, non sniper version)
-Enfield SA-80 (L85A1 and L85A2)
... and those are just the assault rifles to add...lol.

Muslims are a bigger threat to the world then Hitler ever was.....but I digress....

Muslims are a bigger threat to the world then Hitler ever was.....but I digress....

it is not about religion, it's about crazy people that think they are doing it for their religion, they just manipulate their religious beliefs to make them agreed to what they are doing. Just like the IRA, they are "Catholic" but still they kill people, something that is not acceptable. You can't do good by doing evil !! it's just that simple

don't turn this into a Muslim hate thread !!
I am proud to be Catholic and as such i can't let you put the whole Muslims into the same bag as those crazy fundamentalists :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back