MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

just spend the $6 i spent on a cooler for the NB. hmmm... as for a cpu. you could go a lot of routes. you can get an e4300 with has a higher multiplier but lower fsb so thats a pretty decent overclocker. or you can stick with an e6300 which has higher fsb and lower multiplier. ppl get good overclocks with it even with stock voltage. my overclock is pretty decent as well. even though i want to get it to where most others are which seems to be 3.1+

or you can pick up the e6600 which has more cache. you honestly can't go wrong with any of them lol. even at stock speeds these things are fast as hell.

I was sort of leaning towards the e6300, mainly due to the fact that I really don't use any highend apps that take advantage of the extra cache.

Any input about the Corsair memory, I've read that the 650i's can be picky about ram sometimes.

I read your post about the NB cooler, I was just looking at the same one, I'll order something when I order the CPU.

Well Got my new memory this afternoon. Came home and dropped it into the system and what ya know.. its up and running nicely now. thanks all that tried to help me out with this system issue. So now that i have it up and running guess i'll have to read abit here and there about over-clocking sometime in the future. as for now i'll play with this system abit as-is. :)

[MSI P6N SLI-FI, P4 3.20GHZ, 1.00 GB DDR2 800mhz, GeForce 6600 GT 128MB Dual 160 GB SATA ]
I know just a little system :p

Ahh - excellent! Congrats :).

Could you list the model numbers of the mem that didn't work and the new mem that you have now that does work? If so, I can update the first post in this thread again - I'm trying to keep track of successful memory pairings for people looking at these boards.

cartman, i read your posts and I'm in just about the same spot as you in what I want in a motherboard

right now this (the P6N Platinum) is my number one choice, but I am willing to change. I decided to put this board at my #1 instead of the P965 Platinum based on some reviews, but I'm still not exactly sure which mobo I want.

I want something really reliable, dependable, good performance (duh), a decent overclock, and some sort of good available resource if I ever have any trouble, I guess what everyone wants - but I'm looking for the best cost/benefit ratio in something that's straight forward that I can depend on. overclocking isn't my number 1 priority.

right now I'm thinking about getting 2 1g Patriot DDR2-800 ram (75 each, so a total of 150). I've seen a few people with G.Skill RAM and I have no experience with them, would you recommend that over the Patriot RAM (if there's a great difference I'll pay the extra 30 bucks for that 2gig pack they have, which I've seen linked to twice in this thread)

any help is appreciated, I'm afraid to buy an Asus because of customer support and all the cases of questionable quality, but I always have Gigabyte in the back of my head as well - I think MSI may have done it this time though, thoughts?

thanks a lot everyone

My first advice would be to check the first post in this thread... I have links to a couple reviews (new one added at Anandtech yesterday). The AnandTech review pretty much covers all the high and low points of the MSI Platinum board pretty well.

In general, my impression of the Platinum board (the one I own) is that it's a great option for someone who wants/needs support for some legacy devices...

LP1 printer port
2 IDE ports for 4 devices
3 usable PCI slots with a single, double-wide VGA card or 2 usable PCI slots with two double-wide VGA cards in SLI mode
COM header on mb (in case you still have something that needs a 9-pin serial connection :) ).

...along with a good assortment of more modern connectivity...

2 16x physical PCI-E slots (8x8 in SLI mode, or one 16x slot)
1 1x PCI-E slot
total 8 USB ports (4 on back panel, two additional headers for 4 more on mb)
total 2 Firewire (one on back panel, one header on mb)
1 eSATA (external SATA, on rear panel, with it's own hardware controller)
4 SATA
S/PDIF optical + coaxial on rear panel, additional header on mb
open-case intrusion detection header on mb
POST code debug header on mb (4 LEDs on included D-connector along with 2 USB ports shows up to 16 POST codes)
1 gbit Ethernet
1333 FSB support

...and of course the Platinum version also has the heat-pipe cooling + fan for NB included in the box, 100% solid caps, well-designed board layout, etc.

Stability is also a primary concern of mine, so I hadn't spent a lot of time trying to eek out every last drop of oc performance (I want all my components to last a few years :) ), but having said that, I have played with it a little bit and others have gone much higher than me with better cooling and such.

Aside from mpdonovan's memory trouble and one other user having a memory problem (with some OCZ Platinum DDR2 6400 2.1v memory), the only complaints I've seen about the MSI 650i-based boards so far have been related to over-clocking the board (teething pains, as people try to figure out the top-end overclocks).

Most have had good/relatively easy paths to getting to a 2.6 - 3.2GHz range and some (on Taiwan forums) are getting some truly sick (or at least 'very respectable') numbers with this board.

Alll-in-all, I'm pretty comfortable in recommending this board (either of them) to anyone wanting a top-stock-performing, stable, feature-rich board with some 'moderate' oc ability (perhaps more as future BIOSs are released). Personally, I think MSI has hit a home-run with these boards. Over time, I think they'll become the top choice of 650i-based mb solutions (the only contender left in my book might be Gigabyte's 650i-based board (DS4?), but so far I hadn't seen it's layout).

My first advice would be to check the first post in this thread... I have links to a couple reviews (new one added at Anandtech yesterday). The AnandTech review pretty much covers all the high and low points of the MSI Platinum board pretty well.

In general, my impression of the Platinum board (the one I own) is that it's a great option for someone who wants/needs support for some legacy devices...

LP1 printer port
2 IDE ports for 4 devices
3 usable PCI slots with a single, double-wide VGA card or 2 usable PCI slots with two double-wide VGA cards in SLI mode
COM header on mb (in case you still have something that needs a 9-pin serial connection :) ).

...along with a good assortment of more modern connectivity...

2 16x physical PCI-E slots (8x8 in SLI mode, or one 16x slot)
1 1x PCI-E slot
total 8 USB ports (4 on back panel, two additional headers for 4 more on mb)
total 2 Firewire (one on back panel, one header on mb)
1 eSATA (external SATA, on rear panel, with it's own hardware controller)
4 SATA
S/PDIF optical + coaxial on rear panel, additional header on mb
open-case intrusion detection header on mb
POST code debug header on mb (4 LEDs on included D-connector along with 2 USB ports shows up to 16 POST codes)
1 gbit Ethernet
1333 FSB support

...and of course the Platinum version also has the heat-pipe cooling + fan for NB included in the box, 100% solid caps, well-designed board layout, etc.

Stability is also a primary concern of mine, so I hadn't spent a lot of time trying to eek out every last drop of oc performance (I want all my components to last a few years :) ), but having said that, I have played with it a little bit and others have gone much higher than me with better cooling and such.

Aside from mpdonovan's memory trouble and one other user having a memory problem (with some OCZ Platinum DDR2 6400 2.1v memory), the only complaints I've seen about the MSI 650i-based boards so far have been related to over-clocking the board (teething pains, as people try to figure out the top-end overclocks).

Most have had good/relatively easy paths to getting to a 2.6 - 3.2GHz range and some (on Taiwan forums) are getting some truly sick (or at least 'very respectable') numbers with this board.

Alll-in-all, I'm pretty comfortable in recommending this board (either of them) to anyone wanting a top-stock-performing, stable, feature-rich board with some 'moderate' oc ability (perhaps more as future BIOSs are released). Personally, I think MSI has hit a home-run with these boards. Over time, I think they'll become the top choice of 650i-based mb solutions (the only contender left in my book might be Gigabyte's 650i-based board (DS4?), but so far I hadn't seen it's layout).

I couldn't have said it much better. I went with the FI version because it was a little cheaper and there wasn't a whole lot of differences between it and the Platinum version.

I personally went with G.Skill because it was a good combination of performance, good timings and price (I went with the PK kit). I never planned on overclocking memory so stock performance was key for me. I'm usually a Corsair guy (I've had a 1GB kit in my old rig running completely stable for the past 2+ years) but some of the issues they've been having of late plus the fact that they're quite a bit more expensive than some other brands led me to start exploring other memory options.

right now I'm thinking about getting 2 1g Patriot DDR2-800 ram (75 each, so a total of 150). I've seen a few people with G.Skill RAM and I have no experience with them, would you recommend that over the Patriot RAM (if there's a great difference I'll pay the extra 30 bucks for that 2gig pack they have, which I've seen linked to twice in this thread)

I don't think you should have any problems with Patriot. I'm certainly not a RAM expert but they seem to be thought of pretty highly. I don't think they're one of the "top" memory picks for hardcore gamers and overclockers...but the general consensus is that they make solid RAM that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

You could try asking around the Memory forums here. They might have some better input than me. :cool:

Ahh - excellent! Congrats :).

Could you list the model numbers of the mem that didn't work and the new mem that you have now that does work? If so, I can update the first post in this thread again - I'm trying to keep track of successful memory pairings for people looking at these boards.

Memory that didnt work in this board for me:
- Apacer 512B UNB PC2-4300 CL4 (as a single stick)
- CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 675 (PC2 5400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory ( http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820145539 )

Memory that is currently running in this board for me:
- A-DATA 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory ( http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820211064 )

Got all my parts yesterday from UPS. :D

Unfortunately yesterday was a madhouse of a day that included work in the morning, a gig in the afternoon, then another gig at night. Needless to say, I didn't have a whole lot of time to get everything set up during the day...so that left the night. I got as far as assembling everything and getting Windows loaded up with a few programs...and even that took me until 2:30am.

The only issues I had was with the Intel HSF which was kind of a bitch to get installed. It took a couple of tries but I eventually got it. Other than that everything went smooth and the board fired right up. Like I said, I haven't had much time to tweak it but I'll do that in the next couple of days. I do know I have to go into the BIOS to manually set my RAM timings because CPU-Z showed the wrong timings for the stock memory timings.

I was able to get Dark Messiah (came with the video card :) ) installed this morning and got about half an hour in before work. All the settings were cranked and it hummed right along. Temps seemed good...though it wasn't exactly a torture test, I'll run some Prime95 this afternoon test it/check temperatures. So far, from my very limited experience the board seems very stable and has been, so far, very easy to work with.

I am debating between the MSI P6N SLI-FI and the ABIT Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI. Any opions? I just want it stable.

I am debating between the MSI P6N SLI-FI and the ABIT Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI. Any opions? I just want it stable.

Can you tell more about your requirements?

What existing hardware do you plan to bring with you ? ...

How many PCI slots do you need?

How many PCI-E 1x slots do you want/need?

Do you want/need a Firewire connection?

Do you have a LP1 (DB25 pin) printer? or a USB one?

What's your VGA card/setup like?

...there are some differences in the layouts and available IO options of the boards, which may or may not be significant to your decision...

USB - both have total of 8 ports (4 rear + 2 more headers on mb)
Firewire - MSI has it, ABIT doesn't.
Printer port - MSI has it, ABIT doesn't.
PCI-E 1x - MSI has one slot, ABIT has two
PCI slots - MSI has total 3 usable with a single, 2x-wide VGA card, 2 still usable with two 2x-wide VGA cards in use. ABIT has 2 total, only 1 usable with two 2x-wide VGA cards in use.
Floppy connector - MSI probably has the better positioning (shrug)
SATA connectors - ABIT may have the better positioning when running SLI setup
IDE connectors - both can hook up 4 devices, positioning and orientation of connectors is subjective.
Cooling - they both use heatsinks (MSI Platinum version has heat-pipe + fan for NB)
Packaging - ABIT comes with more SATA cabes, MSI comes with a D-connector (2 more USB out the rear, plus 16 POST code debug via 4 LED lights)
Price - ABIT costs more, due to 'Fatal1ty' branding (plus, you get some guy's name plastered all over your board, if that means anything :) ).

...both are new boards, but the MSI has been out longer. Presumably, the ABIT board will cater to the over-clocking/gaming crowd, but how much that will related to a well-tuned/stable BIOS (and/or updates) is still speculation at this point. On the other side of the coin, MSI owners have so far given the SLI-FI pretty good marks for out-of-the-box stability.

Can you tell more about your requirements?

What existing hardware do you plan to bring with you ? ...

How many PCI slots do you need?

How many PCI-E 1x slots do you want/need?

Do you want/need a Firewire connection?

Do you have a LP1 (DB25 pin) printer? or a USB one?

What's your VGA card/setup like?

...there are some differences in the layouts and available IO options of the boards, which may or may not be significant to your decision...

USB - both have total of 8 ports (4 rear + 2 more headers on mb)
Firewire - MSI has it, Abit doesn't.
Printer port - MSI has it, Abit doesn't.
PCI-E 1x - MSI has one slot, Abit has two
PCI slots - MSI has total 3 usable with a single, 2x-wide VGA card, 2 still usable with two 2x-wide VGA cards in use. Abit has 2 total, only 1 usable with two 2x-wide VGA cards in use.
Floppy connector - MSI probably has the better positioning (shrug)
SATA connectors - Abit may have the better positioning when running SLI setup
IDE connectors - both can hook up 4 devices, positioning and orientation of connectors is subjective.
Cooling - they both use heatsinks (MSI Platinum version has heat-pipe + fan for NB)
Packaging - Abit comes with more SATA cabes, MSI comes with a D-connector (2 more USB out the rear, plus 16 POST code debug via 4 LED lights)
Price - Abit costs more, due to 'Fatal1ty' branding (plus, you get some guy's name plastered all over your board, if that means anything :) ).

...both are new boards, but the MSI has been out longer. Presumably, the Abit board will cater to the over-clocking/gaming crowd, but how much that will related to tuned/stable BIOS (and/or updates) is still speculation at this point. On the other side of the coin, MSI owners have so far given the SLI-FI pretty good marks for out-of-the-box stability.

The existing hardware would be - e6400 ( maybe quad core soon though), 2x 2gb g.skill ddr2 pc800, 2x 80gb wd hard drives, 8800gts, 2x sata dvd+rw, corsair 620 ps, antec 900. For the printer mine is networked attached. I do a little of everything some web design, photo editing, networking, web surfing, email, light gaming, movies, music. I just really want a stable board, quiet, 4 or more sata ports, handle 8gb ram or more (in abit case), I am not too worried about firewire and I could have an add in card. The only expansion cards I would use are for video card, maybe - audio, firewire, and esata cards. I will not being doing any overclocking so it makes no diff to me. Thanks for input

The existing hardware would be - e6400 ( maybe quad core soon though), 2x 2gb g.skill ddr2 pc800, 2x 80gb wd hard drives, 8800gts, 2x sata dvd+rw, corsair 620 ps, antec 900. For the printer mine is networked attached. I do a little of everything some web design, photo editing, networking, web surfing, email, light gaming, movies, music. I just really want a stable board, quiet, 4 or more sata ports, handle 8gb ram or more (in abit case), I am not too worried about firewire and I could have an add in card. The only expansion cards I would use are for video card, maybe - audio, firewire, and esata cards. I will not being doing any overclocking so it makes no diff to me. Thanks for input

Thanks - nice existing gear, btw :). All of that should work equally well (as far as I know) in either board. One alternative that I only briefly touched on would be the MSI Platinum version.. for about $30 more than the ABIT board, you get:

- the afore mentioned Printer port (sounds like you don't need it, so this would just fall into the 'additional configuration options' category)
- Firewire port on rear, plus an additional connector on mb to hook up the port on front of your case (or hook to the additional included slot bracket for the rear)
- eSATA port on rear, with it's own/separate hardware controller
- coaxial digital audio ouput (in addition to the optical that all these boards have)
- 100% solid caps, for stability
- heat-pipe cooling on the chipset
- optional fan included for the north bridge (if you're not overclocking, you don't need it - it can add some noise)
- one more free/usable PCI slot (in any configuration of VGA cards)
- one less PCI-E 1x slot
- some additional goodies in the packaging

...the solid caps and heat-pipe should help make a more stable system. If you then start adding up the extra IO capabilities (printer, external SATA, firewire, coaxial audio, extra PCI slot), that might make it worth the extra $30. This would also leave 3 PCI and one PCI-E 1x slot available for TV Tuner cards, Sound cards, etc.

Thanks - nice existing gear, btw :). All of that should work equally well (as far as I know) in either board. One alternative that I only briefly touched on would be the MSI Platinum version.. for about $30 more than the ABIT board, you get:

- the afore mentioned Printer port (sounds like you don't need it, so this would just fall into the 'additional configuration options' category)
- Firewire port on rear, plus an additional connector on mb to hook up the port on front of your case (or hook to the additional included slot bracket for the rear)
- eSATA port on rear, with it's own/separate hardware controller
- coaxial digital audio ouput (in addition to the optical that all these boards have)
- 100% solid caps, for stability
- heat-pipe cooling on the chipset
- optional fan included for the north bridge (if you're not overclocking, you don't need it - it can add some noise)
- one more free/usable PCI slot (in any configuration of VGA cards)
- one less PCI-E 1x slot
- some additional goodies in the packaging

...the solid caps and heat-pipe should help make a more stable system. If you then start adding up the extra IO capabilities (printer, external SATA, firewire, coaxial audio, extra PCI slot), that might make it worth the extra $30. This would also leave 3 PCI and one PCI-E 1x slot available for TV Tuner cards, Sound cards, etc.

what spanki said was right, 30 bucks of for year or 2 investment is worthwhile.
this time with my own picture, platinum one
this board really solid :cool:

what spanki said was right, 30 bucks of for year or 2 investment is worthwhile.
this time with my own picture, platinum one
this board really solid :cool:

Damn - very nice, yamate! Is that on air still? or water-cooled?

Also, have you heard anything about this apparently new MSI P6N2 SLI board? The differences I see in the specs are:

- board color (Wow - that's bright RED :) ).
- 1x PCI-E slot in place of PCI slot
- additional molex connector on mainboard
- CMOS jumper instead of button (odd)
- different LAN controller (Vitesse® VSC8301 ?)
- no Firewire
- different floppy connector location (actually, the layout of this board is very similar to the new ABIT board)

...interestingly, the model number looks like "MS-7346" which is a lower number than the current "MS-7350" models. Aside from that, it looks about the same (feature-wise) as the P6N SLI-FI.

Hmm.. curious... they also have the MSI P6N2 Ultra , but the image shown looks like the other one. Also, I'm pretty sure that the Ultra model was not supposed to be a SLI board, so I'm pretty sure that the stats are wrong on this one, at least. Though if this (and/or the other one) are using the 650i Ultra chipset, that might explain the lower model number.

Probably gonna grab one of these for my build, hopefully all goes well!

Shootin' for 3 - 3.2ghz with a 6400 and 2gb of Buffalo Firestix. :D

Damn - very nice, yamate! Is that on air still? or water-cooled?

Also, have you heard anything about this apparently new MSI P6N2 SLI board? The differences I see in the specs are:

- board color (Wow - that's bright RED :) ).
- 1x PCI-E slot in place of PCI slot
- additional molex connector on mainboard
- CMOS jumper instead of button (odd)
- different LAN controller (Vitesse® VSC8301 ?)
- no Firewire
- different floppy connector location (actually, the layout of this board is very similar to the new ABIT board)

...interestingly, the model number looks like "MS-7346" which is a lower number than the current "MS-7350" models. Aside from that, it looks about the same (feature-wise) as the P6N SLI-FI.

not sure bout that probably another budget msi 650 board.
actualy my 3850 not really stable due to chipset fsb wall, am waiting for new bios release and hope chipset fsb can be well improved.

Probably gonna grab one of these for my build, hopefully all goes well!

Shootin' for 3 - 3.2ghz with a 6400 and 2gb of Buffalo Firestix. :D

dude, get GSkill F2-6400CL4D-2GBHK instead of Buffalo. u won't regret...
vr-zone review

little update on the overclocking. after installing the NB fan and also installing an intake fan in the front of my case, i decided to break 3GHz lol. its currently at 431fsb 1:1 ratio with the ram. Which is the even bigger shocker I guess. My ram didn't seem to wanna run at anything above 850...but now its at 862. It has been on for awhile so idle temp is at 41C with full Orthos load at 57C. Never gets that hot playing a game though or even encoding mp3s. I'll keep inching the ram up by 2MHz until it can't go no more. Current Vmem is at 2.05 and I've found it runs ok at 2.1 and 2.15 so I may just be able to make it to 900 with some ok timings. we'll see though.

Just a quick note... Newegg has dropped the price on the P6N Platinum version by $10.00 again (they seem to do that for a few days every other week or so).

yo spanki take a look at this:

Max cpu clock 3900mhz
vcore 1.6

499mhz NB fsb

how about yours? please share with me bro. thanks

yo spanki take a look at this:

Max cpu clock 3900mhz
vcore 1.6

499mhz NB fsb

how about yours? please share with me bro. thanks

Very nice! I assume that CoreTemp is at idle though? If not, you must have some serious cooling going on :).

I enjoy seeing others' oc efforts, but I'm afraid that I don't really have anything to show, myself. I'm still running the stock Intel HSF and still using the v1.0 BIOS that came with the board. I use this machine to make my living, and am trying to make up for several weeks of down-time right now, so I don't have enough time to play with it (and potentially make it unstable (or fry something :) )).

I was looking at getting some CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 has anyone heard of problems with this ram and the mobo?

I'm running the Corsair 667 version with no issues @ 12-4-4-4. Just got this mobo 4 days ago and moved the DS3 to my wife's box ( I still have one AMD box as well). I was afraid of possibly a few issues but this board in particular (the FI) seems to be very good. X-Fi, TV card, all work well. Just need to ramp up the OC and dial it in.

So far I'm extremely pleased with the FI version of the board.........:) I just finished slapping it together and it booted right up into the bios and everything was seen as it should be without any changes. The board was shipped with version 2 Bios and it saw the E4300 C2D and Corsair Dominator PC6400 V1.2 just fine. I'm reloading Windows XP right now and will try OC'ing the thing a bit later as this is my first Intel system in about 10 years and I need to study up a bit more.............:D

But so far, I'm impressed.

Thanks for the update gents. Since there's so many different versions of various memory sticks from each manufacturer (and ics used on them, with different default timings and voltage requirements), if you could list the part numbers, I'll add them to the list in the first post of this thread.

Thanks.

The memory I'm using is Corsair Domimator. Twin2X2048-6400C4D Ver 1.2

Complete system specs are;
MSI P6N SLI-FI Bios Ver 2
Intel C2D E4300 water cooled, loop 1
Corsair Dominator PC6400
XFX 7900GT water cooled, loop 2
XClio Great Power 550 4 pin 12v (Chanel Well)
WD SATA SE 16 250 gig
Lite-On CDRW and DL DVDRW

I was looking at getting some CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 has anyone heard of problems with this ram and the mobo?

I was hoping someone with that exact memory would answer, but I have "Corsair XMS2 Dominator (Twin2x2048-9136C5D)" listed as reported to be working in the first post of this thread, so that means I saw it mentioned - somewhere. If that helps.

The problem is, there are 6 different Corsair XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 packages listed on Newegg, so it helps to always list the model/part number.

The memory I'm using is Corsair Domimator. Twin2X2048-6400C4D Ver 1.2

Complete system specs are;
MSI P6N SLI-FI Bios Ver 2
Intel C2D E4300 water cooled, loop 1
Corsair Dominator PC6400
XFX 7900GT water cooled, loop 2
XClio Great Power 550 4 pin 12v (Chanel Well)
WD SATA SE 16 250 gig
Lite-On CDRW and DL DVDRW

Thanks BH.

NP, one other thing I forgot.............:eek:

I put a Noctua NC-U6 with a 60x10mm fan on the NB just for a little better cooling for OC'ing.

First run at OC'ing this thing, still need to figure somethings out, but I'm working at it............:)

First run at OC'ing this thing, still need to figure somethings out, but I'm working at it............:)

Very nice! It's always fun seeing what someone with some decent cooling can do :). Not too far from a 100% oc with that cpu.

is that your actual vcore? i've found that speedfan reports mine correctly while cpu-z and coretemp don't. might be a vista thing but i dunno.

i'm quite happy with my OC. 100% stable and 1:1 to boot. all i have left is to work on timings. i bet i can get some decent ones out of this RAM even while its mixed lol. currently running it at 2.15v

is that your actual vcore? i've found that speedfan reports mine correctly while cpu-z and coretemp don't. might be a vista thing but i dunno.

i'm quite happy with my OC. 100% stable and 1:1 to boot. all i have left is to work on timings. i bet i can get some decent ones out of this RAM even while its mixed lol. currently running it at 2.15v

The V core is getting up there...........:eek: , it's at 1.5v at that setting. I'm not sure what the safe max Vcore is for these CPU's though, a friend of mine said it's safe to go up to 1.6v.

The V core is getting up there...........:eek: , it's at 1.5v at that setting. I'm not sure what the safe max Vcore is for these CPU's though, a friend of mine said it's safe to go up to 1.6v.

oh wow...that is high. good thing you're on water cooling lol

Is there a trick to lowering the CPU multi on this board, the option shows up in the bios, but when I select a lower one and reboot the system, it goes right back to the 9x (default).

Back