MSI gaming cards are a joke and the warranty is a joke

There are like no brands worth "following" anymore. I guess the only good thing about it is that there are fewer and fewer people who browbeat you with their brand of choice. Now I'm like half embarrassed even to admit who made my motherboard or whatever because all the manufacturers screw people sometimes.

There are like no brands worth "following" anymore. I guess the only good thing about it is that there are fewer and fewer people who browbeat you with their brand of choice. Now I'm like half embarrassed even to admit who made my motherboard or whatever because all the manufacturers screw people sometimes.

The only "Brands" I ever recommend are G.Skill and Seasonic when it comes to PC parts, other than that, its open season.

Yeah their GAMING line seems very subpar but the Lightning line is top notch.

After my experience with their 280x cards, I'm not going back to MSI ever, sorry to say. For video cards I go with EVGA for nvidia, but I've not had issues with Gigabyte or Asus either.

I like Corsair a lot though. Quality stuff, from the RAM, SSDs, PC cases, PSUs. Just about everything they make holds up pretty well and runs great for me.

Still haven't heard back from msi about my 280x since I last told them a refund was not acceptable. Been two weeks

Finally got my replacement 280x in yesterday.... Took them long enough! Let's see what happens with my first original one and this one (if the fans die)

Going through the same thing -- had a thread about it.

If they can get my replacement card shipped by the middle of next week I will be satisfied. I Had a 7970 reference design go up in smoke. They actually used the words 'fair market value' to when offering me $150.

After saying they were out of stock of 7970's and 280x's after lots of back and forth they magically agreed to send me a R7970 Power Edition 3GD5.

Won't believe it till it's in my hands though. The RMA status still said "working", nothing about being shipped, and that was 2 days ago.

Lol to top my earlier issues off with fan failure on an MSI 280x, I ordered a new MSI 290 for my wife. The card was nice and heavy, decent metal backplate, etc. It's been installed for a day and the fan likes to grind already, not to mention 94 C when I tried mining on it. WTF is going on with MSI? I'm going to send this guy back for a refund and never touch anything else they have. Issue is all other decent 290s are still $500+

That's XFX, HIS and MSI now on my shitlist.

EVGA and ASUS are on the white list.

Everything else is up in the air.

My experience with MSI's RMA process goes like this:

Beat the snot out of a Twin Frozr 7950 for a month or so while scrypt mining - one of the fans began to make the telltale sound of bad bearings. All grindy and whatnot.

RMA'd it, complaining about bad fan bearings. Waited about 10 business days for a response, and the response was what I expected. They didn't have any replacements and would have to offer me a refund instead. I received a check for $280.53 in the mail less than a week later, which was $55 more than what I paid.

So in the end, I made $55 off of an RMA with 3 free vidya games to boot.

Back