MSI a good choice for 7850?

My last build had a MSI motherboard and GPU and I have been nothing but happy with both of them. I'm not sure how their RMA process is though, as I haven't had to use it.

I've had the MSI 7850 for a few months now. It's a nice card. I wouldn't worry about getting a factory overclocked card, you should be able to max out the core and memory sliders in CCC no problem. Get whatever has a good cooler and price.

I own a few MSI card, 7970 and GTX 680. So far they are awesome. I believed 7850 will be as good.

MSI Power Edition HD7850 looks like a winner.

I know it may be little late since you already made a purchase..., nevertheless, If you are interested in OC'ing your card, I found this thread very informative and helpful (all about 7850).

My last build had a MSI motherboard and GPU and I have been nothing but happy with both of them. I'm not sure how their RMA process is though, as I haven't had to use it.

Well, it looks like the OP already pulled the trigger, but I thought I'd offer up my 2 cents.

I have an MSi mobo (Z68A-GD65-G3) and graphics card (6870 twin frozr ii). Mobo has been great so far, but I'm saving up for a water cooling system so while I'm on the stock HSF for my CPU, I haven't really done much with the mobo as far as overclocking goes.

My graphics card was artifacting out of the box. I didn't mind it at first but it appears to be getting worse and it finally started to bother me so I RMA'ed it after a year. My shipment was received on 12/24, they acknowledged receipt on 12/27, and their online system still shows "In Processing." It's still within the 1-2 week timeframe depending on how you look at it, so I'm not worrying yet, but the communication has been pretty sparse. It's given me plenty of time to read up on horror stories which isn't helping my paranoia. Seems to me like most companies care about sales more than support so this isn't anything out of the norm. I'll try to post back if this concludes (or doesn't).

Most MSi stuff reviews very well though, which is why I liked them in the first place. Here's to a healthy card. Cheers.

own two of the msi 7850 cards you linked. middling overclockability with general black-screen free reliability at 1140/1300 but using way more voltage and higher fan speeds than i'm comfortable with.
they can clock higher to be able to run benchmarks but aren't 100% day-to-day reliable for gaming at 1200/1400.

got my 7850 and it runs like a champ:D. twice as fast, much cooler/quieter and uses less power! thanks for all the help.

Last edited:
Grabbed mine for $179.00 with a $15.00 rebate. Only run it for a day but it is sweet and uses a lot less power than even the 5870 it replaced. Quiet too. From what I read they can be subject to the Gray screen of death. I will have to see.

Back