Moving system disk to another controller, Win 2003

eighteen_psi

[H]ard|Gawd
So I'm working on setting up 2003 Standard as a workstation (on my duallie) again now that I'm done with school and have a bit of time. I don't run a floppy...and generally don't have one around so last night I decided to install it and set it up with my system and scratch disks (a pair of X15-36LP's) on a spare 2940UW rather than the dual channel U320 since setup has native drivers for it.

This works out great, except the usualy install drivers, reboot, move, reboot, remove procedure I use when I do this with ATA disks on XP Pro doesn't work...2003 refuses to boot citing an inability to read the disk (not bsod).

How do I go about doing this...or can't it be done with 2003 Server/SCSI?

Also for future reference, how do I slipstream my SCSI drivers to avoid this drama in the future? I know this can be done, but I couldn't seem to get it to work last time I tried. Anyone got a good guide?

Come on, no one has any idea? There's got to be a way to do this with the startup/recovery options or something of that nature.

Nlite. It has a good chance of slipstreaming Text-mode drivers into your windows installation.

I've used it with some sata drivers for an nforce interfaces and it did quite well. The developer is always tweaking nlite so give an updated version a whirl to see what happens?

Back