Moving from Nforce to AMD.. driver questions

W.O.T. Stang

Limp Gawd
My new board uses the AMD chipset and before this I have used nothing but Nforce. Im working on getting the recent drivers downloaded before the system gets here, but im running into a bit of a problem.

For Nvidia, all you have to do is go to their website and download the drivers for the chipset your board uses. However, AMD doesnt seem to work that way. Upon going to their site and clicking AMD Chipset Drivers all i see is

AMD Driver Pack, Version 1.30 - (Detects the current operating system and hardware and installs the proper drivers. See the release notes for the driver versions included.)

which says its release date is may 2001?

Any idea where the most recent drivers are, or what I should use for the chipset? I know motherboard drivers out of the box are usually notoriously out of date, so i'd prefer to have the latest.

Thanks in advance.

The motherboard manufacturer has the updated chipset drivers. Who is the manufacturer of the mobo? I know that asus has some drivers that were updated on September 2008.

"AMD Chipset Driver Program V3.0.642.0 for Windows 32/64bit Vista.(WHQL) 20.56 (MBytes) 2008/09/05 update"

EDIT: Seeing your other thread I'm assuming that you got the ASrock 780GX. http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=A780GXE/128M&s=AM2+ The first driver is 26.12MB AMD all in 1 driver ver: 8.512. Im assuming thats what you need.

Back