Moto G Power 5g (2024) / Moto G 5g (2024)

The Moto G Power 5G will be available from US carriers starting on March 22 (T-Mobile, Metro, AT&T, US cellular, Verizon, Straight Talk, Total, Walmart Family Mobile and Visible).

If you want an unlocked unit, you will be able to pick one up from Motorola, Amazon, and Best Buy from March 29 at a price of $300.

Moto G 5G
US carriers will be the first to offer the Moto G 5G – starting on March 21, it will be offered by T-Mobile and Metro. Later on it will be picked up by a wide range of carriers and MVNOs: Cricket, AT&T, Boost Infinite, Boost Mobile, Verizon, Xfinity Mobile, US cellular, Consumer Cellular, Google Fi, Optimum Mobile, Cox Mobile, Straight Talk, Total, Simple Mobile, Tracfone, Walmart Family Mobile and Visible.

Unlocked units in the US will be available from Motorola, Amazon and Best Buy from May 2 at a price of $200.
GSM Arena

Last edited:
👉 If you own a Pixel 7 (128 GB or 256 GB) and purchase the Moto G 5G Power from Motorola, your purchase price is $9.99 after trade in. Motorola

Specs Comparison: Moto G 5G Power (2024) | Pixel 7 GSM Arena

1.jpg

Last edited:
4GB RAM on current Android sounds painful. I already see limitations with 8GB on it.

Have they improved software support at all either? I would expect 3 years minimum with monthly updated, and doubt they're even close to that.

Have they improved software support at all either? I would expect 3 years minimum with monthly updated, and doubt they're even close to that.
I agree, it doesn't look promising.
I spoke to Motorola today, wanting to know what will be the amount of Android updates and security patches for the Moto G 5G Power (2024). Told the agent that the Motorola website has posted the specs for the phone, but the amount of Android updates and security patches was not listed.

Agent acknowledged the omission and said the release of this information is expected to be made available after the phone becomes availble for purchase. Agent added that the Moto G Power 5G (2023) provided one major Android upgrade and three years of security updates, and reiterated that the amount for the 2024 model will be made available when the phone becomes available.

We agreed that if the phone was going to be released with a minumim of three years Android updates, it would likely have been mentioned in the release announcement.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Back