Mobo unresponsive. DFI LanParty SLI-DR help!!!

Inferno32

n00b
Hey guys,

I got my new SATA drive, put it in, and my mobo did what it does sometimes, when power is connected, the LEDs on the mobo start flashing, and dont stop. Before when it would boot, the lights stay solid. This has happened before, but usually leaving it unplugged for a little bit fixes the issue. I've left it alone for a little while at a time now and it still continually flashes.

How do you reset CMOS, would that need to happen? What does resetting CMOS do and would that possibly help?

I thought i may have read that it needs a little while when installing new hardware to work.

Any help researching the problem and suggestions appreciated!

Thanks

For further clarification, the lights that are flashing are flashing is the one below the PCI slots, the standby power LED and the DRAM Power LED. When the system starts normally, both of these lights are solid.

Also, like i briefly mentioned above, this has happened before, and leaviing unplugged for a bit has solved it, but not now.

Is this because of the new SATA HDD i have in? Do i need a CMOS reset? If so, what's the best way to reset CMOS?

Thank you

Back