Mobo for Q9300?

verymagicalguy

Limp Gawd
Due to the recent deal at Microcenter, I decided to get a Q9300. Since I couldn't find any threads with any extensive recommendations for the Q9300, I decided to start one. Which motherboards support and will overclock this chip well? (450+ fsb)

Good luck with finding any motherboard that will give this thing 500+ fsb. I don't think I have seen one run above 485. Maybe somebody else has, but they are very rare. I have had a q9300 for a couple of weeks now, and I could only manage ~433 on my P7n Platinum. I have a new DFI P35 board that I am going to try it in to see if it manages any better.

Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R

I have heard reports that hitting 500 FSB should not be an issue, but the serious overclockers will stay away from this board becuase memory does not overclock as well.

from what I understand from a thread on XS a lot of people are finding Yorkies hitting an fsb "wall" ~460fsb on various mobos.

I just got a DFI LP DK P35 mobo this past week and was able to do this today, though voltages are a little bit more than I am comfortable with. I'll be getting some better cooling soon, but this isn't bad. The DFI board overclocks like mad...

q9300_3500_stable.jpg

I just got a DFI LP DK P35 mobo this past week and was able to do this today, though voltages are a little bit more than I am comfortable with. I'll be getting some better cooling soon, but this isn't bad. The DFI board overclocks like mad...

q9300_3500_stable.jpg

coould you pm me your setting to get that? i have the same board, and im getting the q9300 this week. my rig is in my sig. i have some real good memory.

Back