[Microsoft] Windows 8 for $14.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say, if a relative of mine has windows 7 32 bit (not sure why), could he get the windows 8 upgrade but to 64-bit?

Yes but you'll have to download it on a 64 bit system or acquire the ISO as somewhere else... Virtually every question on this page has been answered on this thread already guys.

I think to do the upgrade from the preview version you have to do a red registry trick, I'm sure you can Google it easily.

Should this be working with "Win 7 Home Premium OA"? This is what was on the bottom of my sony laptop and it didnt accept the key. Does it know my key was made a few years ago and thats why its not working?

Should this be working with "Win 7 Home Premium OA"? This is what was on the bottom of my sony laptop and it didnt accept the key. Does it know my key was made a few years ago and thats why its not working?

I have a feeling MS is now starting to screen all orders....I believe last Friday when the offer went live, alot of people never got screened, so they ended up with lots of $15 keys

Anyone not going to use this promo? I would like to try Win8 but my Macbook Air purchase did not qualify... :p

PM me if your feeling generous... I have a digital copy of Mountain Lion I can trade you.. :D

It did not work for me, at least not yet. Said it needed to verify something and would email me the result.

Its $15 and there most likely will be a workaround so you can do a clean install.

Yeah i just installed into two computer.

When Download it will ask you to make ISO or USB or Upgrade now.
If you choose ISO you can burn to CD and Install from Cold Boot and make a clean install.
USB is the same.

I did a clean install =)

But upgrades work with Windows 7
Win 8 Trial or Pre or Beta wont work ...

I go to enter the code and get a message at the top of the page, "access to your account has been suspended." Anyone else getting this issue?

Answering my own question for anyone else who gets this. I just had to wait an hour or two before it fixed itself.

But yeah, it wouldn't work for a long time.

Is there a personalized link to the iso download or would someone be able to pm me it?

I already have the key but whenever i go back to the downloader it asks me to buy again and I just want to re-download. Am I missing something here?

I was able to re download it with my downloader.

I download it with Machine1 and accidently pressed make USB
Then i wanted the ISO though. I had everything closed, and restarted the Downloader

It skipped it all and let me save the ISO

That may not be possible with you switch computers i think.

What i am trying to figure out when it downloads it where does it save that File,... bc I know the raw Download is somewhere in my HDD but i cant find the location.

Anybody know if discount code be used multiple times or one per pc? I got 1 cdkey/download but would like to get a second cdkey for my second pc

I already have the key but whenever i go back to the downloader it asks me to buy again and I just want to re-download. Am I missing something here?

In the email you receieved with the CD key there is a link to enter your key and download

Thanks for ordering Windows 8 (order # WDXXXXXXX)

This is your receipt - make sure to print or save a copy for your records.
If you need to download Windows, write down your new product key and enter it here.

Used my code last night and everything was fairly smooth. Did it from an x64 release preview install and it did download the 64 bit iso. What's strange is the 64 bit disk image is only 2.69GB, figured it should be larger than 3GB since the previews and RTM was. Thought it may have stuck me with the 32bit version. Anyway I installed it this morning and it's indeed the 64bit disk image.

I'm usually not one to bitch about lazy people not sear searching but seriously, I linked to this like twice, it was probably linked by others, and if you simply google "upgrading to windows 8 from preview" it's like the third search result (right after the link from Microsoft saying you can't, heh).

http://www.computerworld.com/s/arti...show_how_to_upgrade_Windows_8_previews_to_RTM

I appreciate you reposting this. Sorry for my laziness.

I'm at work and was just wondering if someone knew before I go home and try again.

They check when the key was used. Tried it with my key from the Win7 launch party and was denied.

They weren't doing that originally.

I have a promo coupon though don't think my CD key would be valid.

I am also running the Upgrade Assistant. Where do I get to check and see if the promo works? It is asking me if I want to keep my files ect. So far I have not gotten to a page where I am told to pay, instead it seems to be wanting to install the OS beforehand?

I'm going to borrow some OEM keys off new machines at work tomorrow and see if I get any luck. We just got a dozen new machines on our team about 2 weeks ago (and of course all downgraded to XP... still) so those win 7 keys need should be fine for this.

for some reason I couldnt get this to work. Anywho, does anyone have a link to a student site with any Win8 deals?

for some reason I couldnt get this to work. Anywho, does anyone have a link to a student site with any Win8 deals?

If you're an engineering student look into joining ACM or IEEE ($20-34), though if you're an engineering student your school may already provide you with an MSDNAA account. Outside of those, the $40 upgrade offer is the next best thing.

Microsoft has plugged their hole and only valid Windows 7 keys will work, issued to new computers sold after the qualifying date. Snooze you lose, sorry.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back