Microcenter i5-2500k + Asus p8p67 289.99 in store 5/17 only

damn if only it was a micro atx board!

good deal for anyone looking into an SB rig!

Must resist...Still humming along with e8400 oc'd to 3.7Ghz. Need to have Diablo 3 to come out to buy this. ARGH :p

Edit: Checked Newegg reviews of the board. Unstable board/bios?

make sure this deal is at your local mc. Last time one of these 2500k + mobo deals was posted on here I went up to mc(detroit) without checking and the workers there said they never heard of the deal. I ended up buying the crap anyway but lost out considering how much gas costs and it was almost an hour drive there.

I saw the bad reviews at the egg about the p8p67 as well, but as an owner of a p8p67 pro I have had no issues at all once I figured out the quirks of the SNB overclocking process, and the motherboards are nearly identical so I can't imagine it could be as bad as its being painted there.

Also for anyone determining if the deal is good, its effectively $50 off the motherboard when compared to the egg, with the 2500k at the usual Microcenter discount price.

The OC/Tustin one is out of the i5's. Not sure if they'll honor any rain-check scenario, but I can't add the bundle to my cart.

Probably better for me to wait a little while before building a new rig anyway.

I saw the bad reviews at the egg about the p8p67 as well, but as an owner of a p8p67 pro I have had no issues at all once I figured out the quirks of the SNB overclocking process, and the motherboards are nearly identical so I can't imagine it could be as bad as its being painted there.

Also for anyone determining if the deal is good, its effectively $50 off the motherboard when compared to the egg, with the 2500k at the usual Microcenter discount price.

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like the pro has similar polarizing reviews as the regular version that's bundled here.

Why can't they do a bundle with the pro version with similar discounted price. I just think the pro is much more attractive feature-wise compared the regular one.

WHY CAN'T THEY HAVE A STORE WHERE I LIVE!? I hate seeing these deals they upset me greatly, I need a new mobo + processor.

I used to make evil laughter when Frys had such deals, since Im ~10 min away from TWO of them...

Alas, the Frys deals are gone. I went from going there weekly to havent been there in months. Maybe its karma, not having a Microcenter anywhere remotely near me.
:(

I used to make evil laughter when Frys had such deals, since Im ~10 min away from TWO of them...

Alas, the Frys deals are gone. I went from going there weekly to havent been there in months. Maybe its karma, not having a Microcenter anywhere remotely near me.
:(

No doubt.. There are two Frys in my area but they just don't have the deals they used to anymore.

I feel your pain..:( I dont have a a fry's either.. Only BestFuck.

You are truly out of luck and should consider moving if you do actually buy these sorts of deals when they come around. Wish I had the money right now. If you consider the 2500k $179 (launch price at MC) and the board $110.

I am one of the "No Micro Center near me" people. On Monday I was travelling for Red Sox game and I checked out the Micro Center in Boston (technically its in Cambridge). I was a fantastic place, I miss it already :(

Back