Micro Failure Rate?

triarii3

Gawd
Hey guys! Question time.

This May I switched from iPhone 5 to the Galaxy S4. And long with it, I added a Class 10 Micro SD card. I mostly put my music and movies on the SD card. a month and half later...it died. I purchased another microSD card and used it for about 4 months until it died again..losing pictures and files. It's a good thing I manually copy and paste the files once a while.

So here are my questions.

Why do these cards die so freaking quickly? is because i listen to music from them? Is it because it's constantly in use? or because of build quality?

Thanks guys

Maybe build quality, or possibly ESD if you're repeatedly zapping it inadvertently with static discharge. Reading doesn't cause stress, and leaving it installed shouldn't cause problems either.

Maybe build quality, or possibly ESD if you're repeatedly zapping it inadvertently with static discharge. Reading doesn't cause stress, and leaving it installed shouldn't cause problems either.

could you elaborate more on the ESD? I dont think im doing that.

ESD = electrostatic discharge. Say you walk around in socks on a carpeted floor and touch the contacts area of the TF card. That could zap the chip inside with thousands of volts of static electricity.

ESD may not be the problem. If you're buying no-name microSD/TF cards at too good to be true prices, there are all kinds of possibilities, including low quality control or faked capacity which corrupts the card after storing beyond so many MB on it.

Back