Max. HD size of a Compaq iPaq?

scottmso

Limp Gawd
My friend recently bought a "barebones" (no HD/RAM) Compaq iPaq PC. What is the biggest HD size these things can handle? He is considering turning it into a small file server (if he uses a big drive it will probably be a 80GB WD). Thanks!

scottmso said:
My friend recently bought a "barebones" (no HD/RAM) Compaq iPaq PC. What is the biggest HD size these things can handle? He is considering turning it into a small file server (if he uses a big drive it will probably be a 80GB WD). Thanks!

umm ipaq's are PDA's they dont have HDD's the closest thing to an HDD for a PDA is a microdrive but that is only an addon to the CF slot, its not built in, and the CPu for pdas is soldered onto the mobo

klowngoblin said:
umm ipaq's are PDA's they dont have HDD's the closest thing to an HDD for a PDA is a microdrive but that is only an addon to the CF slot, its not built in, and the CPu for pdas is soldered onto the mobo

lmfao! i have an ipaq 4150 (p)pc, a whopping 400MHz cpu, 64MB of ram, 3MB of ROM, wireless networking and an amazing built in 3.5 inch screen. also, its weird, i have to touch the screen instead of using a keyboard and mouse. lol

Actually, there was a line of Ipaq Desktops.

I bought one off these forums; and a friend bought it off of me.

no expansion capability, but a great system if you had the patience (and an external CD, since mine didn't come with one). onboard video, audio & speaker, 4 USB 1.1 rear, 2 usb 1.1 front, serial, parallel (if you had the legacy model)

He's currently running an 80gb in it; I'd assume you could get 120gb, but I'm not sure if it'll support anything beyond the 137gb barrier; the only IDE I have is a 200gb I'm not taking out of an external enclosure.

Marduk said:
Actually, there was a line of Ipaq Desktops.

I bought one off these forums; and a friend bought it off of me.

no expansion capability, but a great system if you had the patience (and an external CD, since mine didn't come with one). onboard video, audio & speaker, 4 USB 1.1 rear, 2 usb 1.1 front, serial, parallel (if you had the legacy model)

He's currently running an 80gb in it; I'd assume you could get 120gb, but I'm not sure if it'll support anything beyond the 137gb barrier; the only IDE I have is a 200gb I'm not taking out of an external enclosure.

haha my pda is still better

NitrouseXpress60 said:
hell yeah, it also fits in my hand

Actually, these were pretty sweet little desktops. Super quiet, and very small. (Smaller than a ream of paper) I kinda wish HP haden't axed them from the linup.

NitrouseXpress60 said:
hell yeah, it also fits in my hand

Having owned a superior PDA to yours... (724mhz, 128mb ROM, 64mb RAM, 5gb hdd space, 802.11b, Bluetooth)..

no.

Yours is not better than that iPaq.

At best it's an irrelevant comparison.
At worst you're an idiot.

Marduk said:
Having owned a superior PDA to yours... (724mhz, 128mb ROM, 64mb RAM, 5gb hdd space, 802.11b, Bluetooth)..

no.

alright thats cool

ya know...I was just about to edit my post with the thought you might be being sarcastic.

you'll have to forgive me; I've had a long day of dealing with people who would make those comments, and genuinely believe in it.

Funny thing is.... I have 3 of these sitting here...

Upped one to a 40GB WD and a PIII 933MHz processor in it. Serves as my MP3 box...

Marduk said:

no.

Wow man, you need to lay off the cappucino.

Back