Mass Effect 1 crash

rampantandroid

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi all,

Since I started playing ME1 on PC, I'm hitting some pretty bad crashes to desktop.

gpf.png

I get these while in conversations - sometimes after being in game for an hour or more...sometimes after a few minutes.

Now, I'm on the April release of nVidia drivers - 270.61 because anything newer breaks DA2.

When I get home I can run DXDiag if that'll help any. I'm running Windows 7, this was without the service pack. No pagefile given I have 12GB of RAM. Game was on all max settings, no AA being forced on the game. Vsync on, triple buffering enabled in the driver CP. Hardware audio enabled.

I had NOT installed any DX9 packages; the Origin ME1 download did not install DX9 on it's own either - I forced a DX9.0c install as I left for work as well as letting SP1 install finally, so I'm unsure if that'll help.

From what I could find, this kinda of error is usually triggered by the engine and relates to a graphics driver or DX error? Any tips?

Id consider doing a clean install of the game just incase

Uninstall your nvidia drivers
Use driver cleaner pro to remove all remnants of nvidia drivers.
Try going back to whql 265.

Rightclick on the game and go to properties. click compatibility try "run as admin " and windows xp sp3 compatibility.

Check your temps on teh videocard and make sure its not overheating during gameplay.

Back