Marissa Mayer Fires Yahoo COO

Even people who I knew used to use yahoo don't anymore. How the fuck is this company still around. They fucking suck balls.

And I just received that fake email from Target doing the rounds...On my UK based yahoo account, we don't have Target in the UK, I'm done with my Yahoo email now, bad enough it gets spammed to hell and back, I think I have almost everything transferred to accounts that actually block junk, or it doesn't even get through.

yahoo literally translate to "loud, dumb, obnoxious person"

I can see why they want to keep this brand alive :p

Marissa Meyer is such a moron. There's a reason Google had relegated her to nothingness. Her value was lost though the board of nimrods at Yahoo picked her up thinking she had anything to do with Google's success.

Marissa Meyer is such a moron. There's a reason Google had relegated her to nothingness. Her value was lost though the board of nimrods at Yahoo picked her up thinking she had anything to do with Google's success.

To be fair, Yahoo is pretty much hopeless no matter what they do.

solong.jpg

:D

Even people who I knew used to use yahoo don't anymore. How the fuck is this company still around. They fucking suck balls.

That being said, I think they do have a pretty competent javascript web apps team that come up with application frameworks and libraries that are competitive with everything else that's out there...just they are saddled with crappy products/marketing people.

I'm still not entirely sure what Yahoo does. The value I got out of them was in the mid-90's when they had the best "catalog" of what was on the Internet, back when the Internet was of a size that you still could do things like that, but the existence of Google pretty much destroyed whatever value they could provide. So now it's just a collection of links, ads and crappy media that I purposely don't sign up with companies like Comcast to avoid. That and they are making money off of Alibaba while sitting on their asses.

Mayer maybe a genius or a fool, but alchemy is a difficult endeavor regardless.

The Yahoo finance update is awesome for me. They partnered with SigFig and it can automatically import all of my data from Schwab and Vanguard into a portfolio. Even Google finance would choke on imports.

Is this better than mint? mint is great for banking/personal finance but i've never tried an investment account with it

Back