marble desk of doom....well looks like marble anyway....

you know what would look really nice... a couple or 3 Dell 2005fpw ;) or 2405!

Setting up LAN parties on that would be pretty cool. Make 1 more and you can have teams organized by table :)

well this weekend i did a bit of work and made more shelving and whatnot on my way out to the bar now so maybe i will post pics tommorow....use a bunch of scrap i had leftover...i might paint tommorow cause i still have to do that....

do you like the exposed rafters on your ceiling. I'm assuming you are in the basement, i didnt read carefully. Why not slap a few pieces of gypsumboard up or more commonly known as drywall. Better yet, Staing the rafters a cherry, or the same color as the finish you are covering your wood on the desk.

considering i rent i cant do any of that to my basement or they might not like me when it comes time to move out

Envy man, I wish I had the room to create something like that right now. It would be a cool project :)

I like the top a lot ,but you need to do something with the front edges and legs... I assume black paint + sanding and repainting, so it looks smooth.

I probably would have used 1 1/8" MDF board and used a rubber bumper (rounded edge) T-molding on the front edge to make.

I guess, I'm just spoiled b/c I have professional carpenters and a complete woodworking (laminate, etc..) everything at my disposal. So I designed my desk and had it built exactly the way I wanted it.

The black parts are black laminate with a wood grain texture, so it looks like real wood, but very durable like normal laminate. Top is Wilsonart Monticello Maple laminate. Inside white is white melamine (pre-finished) MDF board.

office1.jpg

office2.jpg

Back