Macrium Reflect free alternative & cloning issue

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
I've been using Macrium Reflect Free for a while and found it to be the best free software for cloning drives. Apparently, they will discontinue it in January and replace it with a 30 day trial. Disappointing. They even removed download links to the free version as of now. What is the best free, non-trial alternative for cloning drives?

I am also having a problem when trying to clone my boot drive (2TB Sandisk SSD) to my 6TB Toshiba HDD. Did a quick format on the HDD, and tried to clone the SDD to the HDD for a quick clone/back up. This is how it looks after a format; I am referring to the 3rd disk down TOSHIBA HDWE160.

Edit: I believe I found the problem. When I plugged in the HDD, in my motherboard BIOS it was in the boot list in the first priority slot. I disabled that, booted back into Windows. Now I can clone properly.

But good free cloning alternative suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late bump, but I saw this was unanswered. I use Rescuezilla. It is like Clonezilla, but more GUI based and easier to do what you need with a few simple clicks.

Back