MacBook Selfie Sticks

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I hear that there is a fine line between art and stupidity.

These MacBook Selfie Sticks aren't for sale. The photo series is an art piece credited to its creators, Moises, John Yuyi and Tom Galle, who have built technology-centered art pieces before. The stick itself looks much larger than any standard selfie stick, most likely to make up for the 2-pound Apple laptop. It looks like you need to hold it with two hands, though, removing the convenience of a selfie stick to begin with. Plus, there’s no confirmation that it even takes pictures there’s no confirmation that it even takes pictures.

Honestly, WTH is wrong with people these days. They live by their selfies and texts. Narcissism at its worst.

While this just looks funny as all hell, you know selfie sticks for ipads are out there somewhere... I mean watching people using full sized ipads as cameras alone shows that it's right around the corner.

When I first saw a listing for a "normal" selfie stick I thought it was a gag, just wait, these will be on shelves before Christmas.

Please fix the last sentence of that blurb. It is murdering my mind it is murdering my mind.

Real pros use selfie-DSLRs and selfie-lighting to really capture the emotion of the scene. People don't realize that using shadows/lighting can really go a long way into taking your selfies to a whole nother level.

And don't even get me started on the amateur hour that is the dik-pic. It's all about framing, setting the scene, and capturing the story of the falace, what it's been through, the lives it has touched. Your quick photo down your pants conveys to me that you don't care. But add a little bling .. Like a small sombrero or hotdog bun and relish - and that can signal "this guy gets it, he takes the time, he cares" and deep down that is what a girl wants.

Last edited:
This comic sums up my thoughts on selfie sticks...enjoy!

jHVsIu4.gif

Back