Lost my support disk for the asrock z68 pro3... I need it for setting up a RAID

Noetic

[H]ard|Gawd
Unfortunately, I am not finding any help on the asrock site for this. Any chance someone here has a copy of the disk they can spare?

Thank you for the quick response.
RAID was selected in the UEFI setup, however I get no intel post screen and the ctrl-i does nothing. I wm under the impression that this fool thing needs to boot from the support disk, though it makes little sense.

From the manual:

2.17 Installing Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / VistaTM / VistaTM 64-bit With
RAID Functions
If you want to install Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / VistaTM / VistaTM 64-bit OS on your
SATA / SATAII / SATA3 HDDs with RAID functions, please follow below procedures
according to the OS you install.
RAID mode is not supported under Windows® XP / XP 64-bit OS.
STEP 1: Set up UEFI.
A. Enter UEFI SETUP UTILITY Advanced screen SATA Confi guration.
B. Set the option “SATA Mode” to [RAID].
STEP 2: Use “RAID Installation Guide” to set RAID confi guration.
Before you start to confi gure the RAID function, you need to check the installation
guide in the Support CD for proper confi guration. Please refer to the document in
the Support CD, “Guide to SATA Hard Disks Installation and RAID Confi guration”,
which is located in the folder at the following path:
.. \ RAID Installation Guide
STEP 3: Install Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / VistaTM / VistaTM 64-bit OS on your
system.

I checked it. The ctrl-i doesn't display, in spite of the RAID being activated.

Oh well.

Do you have another RAID card installed in the system? Or other configurable card? It will keep you from using the BIOS configuration screen of your Intel "onboard" RAID.

Make sure that the intel RAID system is a valid boot device as well.

It is bizarre.

I have a extreme4 rev3 board and the RAID works fine. I suppose it's the BIOS or the board itself.

thanks for trying to help me, folks

It could be a bios anomaly. Make a note of all your current settings, then do a cmos reset and see if it fixes the problem.

Back