Looking for DJ software

SkinnyBones

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for something that would give me DJ Virtualization. I've read about Virtual DJ but i'm just trying to figure out if there is anything else. It could be free or something i have to pay for, but i would rather be able to find something that is free. Thank you.

do you want transcoded vinyl that lets you manipulate the mp3's ? if so then Serato is the only thing I would ever look at. You can also play the tracks without the vinyl which may be what you are looking for. Fairly pricey so make sure you want to do what I mentioned first as that is where it shines.

Serato has all but been eaten for breakfast by NI Traktor Scratch. The only people still jockin Serato are the fanboys. Do some quick research and you'll see. Traktor has TWICE the time code, FX sends w/o a Rane57, the list goes on.

But a DVS system is a lot of overkill if you are looking for free. Its about $600 more than free. I'd look into a cheap dedicated digital DJ controller that might come with some bundled software. I like Ableton Live a lot for screwing around but I do more production stuff than DJ.

http://en.softonic.com/search/dj-mixing-software

Peep the offerings on that link. Maybe you can find some shareware (*cough) that you like. There are about a dozen options now for this type of program. They all fit their own niche kinda... depends what you wanna do exactly.

Back