Looking for a new laptop, roughly $1100

mrmylanman

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm a big fan of the 15.4" form factor (preferably with a 10-key), and 1920x1080 if possible.

I specced out an HP DV6T Quad Edition with an i7 and 1GB Radeon 6770M for around 1030, which so far is the best deal I can find. I'm willing to go a little above that, but not much.

I'd like to have roughly the same power, although I can skimp on the graphics a bit as I don't plan on gaming a whole lot on it (I have a desktop if I choose to).

I'm going to be doing programming and image editing mostly. I really like the Thinkpad W520s, but they're just too expensive with an i7 I think unless there are coupons floating around. Or the T520, for that matter.

My only real gripe with the DV6T is in the past I experienced questionable build quality (although the laptop itself always works just fine, trim starts to get loose, making creaks and stuff which I don't want to get for a $1000 anything), and no Firewire (which I would kind of like as the scanners we use at work are Firewire, and I'd like to use my laptop directly in that respect). (so even a laptop with expresscard would work)

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I suppose I could finance a more expensive laptop, but sometimes I'm fickle and don't want to have too much into it... lol.

Thanks again!

I'm a big fan of the 15.4" form factor (preferably with a 10-key), and 1920x1080 if possible.

I specced out an HP DV6T Quad Edition with an i7 and 1GB Radeon 6770M for around 1030, which so far is the best deal I can find. I'm willing to go a little above that, but not much.

I'd like to have roughly the same power, although I can skimp on the graphics a bit as I don't plan on gaming a whole lot on it (I have a desktop if I choose to).

I'm going to be doing programming and image editing mostly. I really like the Thinkpad W520s, but they're just too expensive with an i7 I think unless there are coupons floating around. Or the T520, for that matter.

My only real gripe with the DV6T is in the past I experienced questionable build quality (although the laptop itself always works just fine, trim starts to get loose, making creaks and stuff which I don't want to get for a $1000 anything), and no Firewire (which I would kind of like as the scanners we use at work are Firewire, and I'd like to use my laptop directly in that respect). (so even a laptop with expresscard would work)

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I suppose I could finance a more expensive laptop, but sometimes I'm fickle and don't want to have too much into it... lol.

Thanks again!

Got a Dv3t and the build quality on that thing is awesome (first gen i3) and my wife uses it constantly. It has held up far better than my Dell Studio 15.....now that is a prime example of CHEAP build quality..

SAGER NP8130 Starting at $1019.00, i would just upgrade the CPU to quad core for $30.

Have you used one in person? The price is pretty awesome for the specs.

Back