Looking for a discontinued Hyper-V Manager by 5nine

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEpeep

Supreme [H]ardness
5nine used to provide a free version of their Hyper-V Manager with limited functionality. They no longer offer this version and I don't have it archived anywhere. I'm really in a bind and need a copy of this. If anyone downloaded this when it was free and still has it or knows where I can find it, please post or PM me. Thanks.

That's not what I'm looking for. The product in question has been completely removed from the company's website. I need to get in touch with someone who downloaded it in the past and have them send me a copy of it. Thanks for you help, though.

Yes, I'm aware of vtCommander as well. This system had the 5nine manager on it before it got hosed and we need to put it back the way it was. The app itself wasn't backed up, but we didn't think it would be a problem because it was free. We were more than a little dismayed to discover that the free version of the app has been essentially expunged from the internet. Again, if anyone still has a copy of this, please get in touch with me.

Our branded software a.k.a. ‘5nine manager’ was distributed free of charge for a limited time. Please note that the license prohibits unauthorized redistribution of this software. In other words, you can’t simply copy or share it without violating the EULA. That being said we provide a free preview of our new product that can be downloaded here: http://vtUtilities.com. This version includes all the features of vtCommander and can be used to manage Hyper-V on Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 8 Consumer Preview from a single application. Please contact VT Technology directly (https://vttechnology.com/Contact) in case you want to install and use our software on production environment (say vs. trying vtUtilities with Windows 8 preview) and can’t afford purchasing a production license. We can provide you with a fully functioning production license of vtCommander.

I already have a valid license to use this software as it was previously installed in the same environment on the same hardware (less a single failed hard disk). It was lost in a system crash, and I need to put the system back exactly the way it was. Once it's back, I'm sure we will entertain options for upgrading to the most recent version of the software, but for right now, I just need the same version we had on there. Again, if anyone can assist, please contact me privately, ASAP.

Our branded software a.k.a. ‘5nine manager’ was distributed free of charge for a limited time. Please note that the license prohibits unauthorized redistribution of this software. In other words, you can’t simply copy or share it without violating the EULA. That being said we provide a free preview of our new product that can be downloaded here: http://vtUtilities.com. This version includes all the features of vtCommander and can be used to manage Hyper-V on Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 8 Consumer Preview from a single application. Please contact VT Technology directly (https://vttechnology.com/Contact) in case you want to install and use our software on production environment (say vs. trying vtUtilities with Windows 8 preview) and can’t afford purchasing a production license. We can provide you with a fully functioning production license of vtCommander.

and this is what makes the [H] so awesome, glad to see companys come and talk to us about the best way to get things done.

and this is what makes the [H] so awesome, glad to see companys come and talk to us about the best way to get things done.
I disagree. All this person did was point out that the only way to get the old software the OP is looking for is NOT to get it.

"Hey, we used to have a free version but we took it away and now you need to buy our new shiny software"
"Oh wait? you still want the free one even after we made it hard to find? Well you better not get it from someone else that already has it because that is against the EULA we created so you can't do that"
:rolleyes:

In fact we contacted OP privately and offered him help to obtain the original free software with his license – we just need the registration e-mail that was used to download free version. And if you read my post carefully you should realize that we even offered a production license of our new software free of charge. EULA does prohibit unauthorized copying and distribution of our software and nobody was forced to accept it.

I disagree. All this person did was point out that the only way to get the old software the OP is looking for is NOT to get it.

"Hey, we used to have a free version but we took it away and now you need to buy our new shiny software"
"Oh wait? you still want the free one even after we made it hard to find? Well you better not get it from someone else that already has it because that is against the EULA we created so you can't do that"
:rolleyes:

Yeah I think you misread or misunderstood the post.

I thought it was pretty nice of them to come on here and offer free stuff. In fact....now I want some free stuff too!

This issue has been resolved. Thanks to everyone who offered assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back