Long Live Dreamcast

People have really taken that whole Dreamcast = Xbox360 thing way too far.
It's become worse than those "9/11 Pentagon attacks were missile strikes!" theorists.

Domingo said:
People have really taken that whole Dreamcast = Xbox360 thing way too far.
It's become worse than those "9/11 Pentagon attacks were missile strikes!" theorists.

I would deffinetly disagree. There'd be no xbox without Dreamcast. that's a fact.

l_xdcx_cntrl.p.p.jpg

(from http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/ )

Article on 1up

The 360 is no dreamcast just wait and see I think Sony is in for a big surprize this time around and the market will probably be split more evenly between the next gen consoles. Now if only nintendo could hit the sweet spot then it would be awesome.

Yeah I cant believe that the dreamcast failed, it was all about bad timing. For me, I always liked sega systems better than nintendo systems. I cannot believe that the dreamcast was a dud while the N64 went on to succeed. I think this was mainly due to the fact that a lot of little kids got the n64 for christmas.

DC is the best console ever released, just because it failed in terms of sales doesnt make it bad... think about it... NSYNC sold alot of albums, more than TooL or something, does that make NSYNC better than TooL... Hell No!

sales doesnt equate greatest one bit. If the DC wouldnt have been a victim to the SONY BS, it would have had a much longer life and many more games.

Dreamcast is the best system ever. It still gets way more play time than my PS2. Eat me, sony!

I love my Dreamcast. One of the most enjoyable consoles I have ever bought (behind SNES).

Tetrahedron said:
DC is the best console ever released, just because it failed in terms of sales doesnt make it bad... think about it... NSYNC sold alot of albums, more than TooL or something, does that make NSYNC better than TooL... Hell No!

I think Nsync is better than tool.

As for the dreamcast, back in the day I used to be a hardcore dreamcast !!!!!!. Great system, awesome games. We need some next gen power-stone, skies of arcadia, crazy taxi, and most definatly SHENMUE, I would kill for shenmue 3 (I'm serious sega, just give me a name and a plane ticket and its done).

Naldo said:
I think Nsync is better than tool.

As for the dreamcast, back in the day I used to be a hardcore dreamcast !!!!!!. Great system, awesome games. We need some next gen power-stone, skies of arcadia, crazy taxi, and most definatly SHENMUE, I would kill for shenmue 3 (I'm serious sega, just give me a name and a plane ticket and its done).

yes, yes, yes and yes!

I love my dreamcast. I remember looking all over for a copy of Soul Calibur around the time the DC flopped. I ended up having to pay 30$ to get it used...a 3 year old title cost me 30$. A testament to the quality of that game, and it is one of many on the dreamcast.

Also...XBLA needs to get a Sega Swirl!

Another vote for the DC. Easily one of the best consoles ever put out. I pray that I live to see the day that SEGA puts out another console.

Long live the Dreamcast!!!

Shenmue 3 is actually in the works...*EDIT Beaten to the punch.

Maybe this time they'll not ruin the NTSC version with ridiculous dubbing. I played through the Japanese version and it was infinitely better.

The Dreamcast was far ahead of its time, and it actually sold far better than I initially thought it would. Awesome power and great software to back it up.

A lot of people still don't realize that the Dreamcast was still part of the last generation of consoles. I've always wondered if Sega could fight Microsoft if they managed to keep the system alive.

Still, Power Stone /Shenmue / Sonic Adventure FTW! I might even pick up Soul Calibur now.

honestly i think sega should sign a contract to be MS exclusive so they can handle 2nd party games and microsoft can handle the hardware

Man thats awesome. I loved my Dreamcast and I love overhead shooters like that. I used to play them in the arcade all the time and I have an awesome one on my cell phone called SkyForce. But I lost my Dreamcast when I moved, now I must find another one. I loved playing any of the Dave Mirra BMX games!

there are rumors flying around that 50+ dreamcast games will be released over xbox live arcade for $10 a piece by 2007.

Lamont said:
DC had the best 2D fighting games HANDS DOWN!!

One could argue that the Sega Saturn (which I loved to death) had the best 2D fighters too! All the great Capcom fighters like the entire Street Fighter Alpha series, Street Fighter Collection, Xmen vs Streetfighter (I was blown away by the perfect port when it first came out years ago), Marvel Super Heroes, Marvel Super Heroes vs SF, all the great SNK NeoGeo ports like Samurai Shodown 3, 4, King of Fighters 95 and up to '98, Real Bout Fatal Fury...etc.. Plus you had lots of great shoot' em ups like Radiant Silvergun, Soukyugurentai (Terra Diver)..etc.. a tradition the DC also continued. Man..I loved the Saturn. Too bad it crapped out everywhere else but Japan (like the video showed it was successful in Japan for the most part due to the hardcore arcade gamer).

Y'know..DC games still look quite fine today. Its not that much below the PS2 in graphics quality. Some would say that some games have better textures on the DC than the PS2 though I haven't played a DC game in a long time so I can't remember really.

I've been a Sega fan myself since I played Space Harrier and OutRun back in 1986 and purchased a Sega Master System to play the ports of those games. I don't love the Sega of today as much as the older Sega but playing their older games via emulation or the Sega Ages remakes sure brings back the memories.

I loved my Dreamcast, and thought the graphics were every bit as good as what else was out there at the time. To think, I actually enjoyed playing Shenmue ;)

I loved Shenmue. One of my fav.games of all time.

To think that I gave away my dreamcast + 20 games a few years ago :(

Dreamcast will never die! Tetra has a good point!!! :p

Tetrahedron said:

i never had a dreamcast but used to play it at my cousins house

i found shenmue to be the most amazing thing ever

power stone=awesome, soul calibur=awesome, sonic adv=awesome, street fighter 3:3rd strike=TEH WIN!

I actually collect Dreamcasts. No kidding, I still think that next to the GameCube the Dreamcast has the most charm and highest build quality ever. The games were totally unique and mostly high rated, and the system could hold it's own today if it had the high billing that the PS2 and XBox have.... sadly things didn't turn out that way.

Has anyone here played Half-Life for the DC? I know there are a few copies out there floating around. Just curious as to how it performs, and how it stacks up to the PS2 version that came out later. HL for the DC=most frsutrating time of my life. EBGames kept putting up a release date, I'd call on said date, and be told that it had been pushed back. I must've been crushingly dissapointed a dozen times in 2000.

I'm glad i got my dc when i did, ive had alot of fun times with it. Jet Grind Radio blew me away, wow that really was a fun game...

Lamont said:
DC had the best 2D fighting games HANDS DOWN!!

With my tax return cash I bought a used copy of Last Blade 2, and a copy of Mark Of The Wolves brand new! Should be here this week :D

Dreamcast showed the world how to do a console launch right. Too bad nobody listened.

Back