Logitech G502 and G-Hub

Elgato748

n00b
I have been using a Razer mouse for about a year. It always showed up in device manager under is own name and had a Razer driver.

Just bought a Logitech mouse and it shows up in device manager as a HID-Compliant mouse using the old Microsoft driver.

Then they have G-Hub software that appears to drive the mouse. So, every time I boot the PC, G-Hub can no longer find the mouse.

You have to uninstall and reinstall G-hub for it to work again. Just spent an hour chatting with Logitech and they were clueless.

Both the Razer and Logitech are corded.

Any ideas?

What specific model of mouse do you have?

I have a G502 Hero (corded) and it also shows up only as a "HID compliant device" in Device Manager, but it is recognized fine in the Logitech Gaming Software (not sure if that's an older version of G-Hub?).

What specific model of mouse do you have?

I have a G502 Hero (corded) and it also shows up only as a "HID compliant device" in Device Manager, but it is recognized fine in the Logitech Gaming Software (not sure if that's an older version of G-Hub?).
I also have a G502 Hero.

I wanted to try some older versions of G-Hub but it automatically updates itself on installation.

Hmm weird... maybe I am just on some super old software? This is what mine looks like:

1706069218611.png

1706069266865.png

Hmm weird... maybe I am just on some super old software? This is what mine looks like:

View attachment 629758

View attachment 629759
Yeah, I think that's the last version of Logitech Gaming Software. It used to nag you about "upgrading" to GHub. It doesn't recognize newer mice, but it's the superior software if you have a mouse that's compatible. GHub is finally getting better, but it's still not as good as LGS was from a UI standpoint. For what it's worth, I've never had an issue with my Proteus Core and GHub. When I installed Windows 11 I said screw it and went with all the newer software from a clean slate.

Back