Logitech G500 revision 2 - eta?

sadbuttrue

Gawd
It's generally agreed that the g500 side buttons are the worst of any mouse ever created. Does anyone have news on the expected rev. 2?

Didn't know there was a rev. 2. Where did you hear this?

Maybe I've somewhat jumped the gun here :) It's a personal expectation based on my views and a few others. Logitech have been slated on the poor button design of the G500. With their history of releasing 2nd revisions for gaming products, we came to the conclusion a rev.2 G500 can't be far off. I was hoping someone in the know would have an idea of when.

I for one love my G500 and have absolutely no problems with the side buttons.

Ya, I wish my G500 buttons were on my G700. Life would be perfect...

Personally, I think the thumb button placement and overall shape of the G5, mx510 and mx518 was perfect.

I find the thumb buttons of the G500 work fine - they just aren't 'perfect' - and once you've experienced perfection, you just don't wanna give it up. Maybe that's where all the thumb button hate comes from?

As for G500 rev. 2? Take the G5 outer shell with its perfect button placement, put the G500 in it and you're done.

The buttons sit right under my thumb where I would expect them to be, so that's pretty much perfect as far as I'm concerned.

I didn't really have too much of an issue with G500 side buttons. The shape, on the other hand, didn't work at all with my fingertip grip. :p

The buttons sit right under my thumb where I would expect them to be, so that's pretty much perfect as far as I'm concerned.

the G500 the thumb buttons are above the thumb area... not below.. or you sit your thumb over them buttons?

Just tried it and resting my thumbs on the button directly works great the end hits the one button while my first thumb joint can hit the back on easily.

Yea my thumb rests in the little groove area while holding the mouse. I dont hover it over the buttons. When I need it I just lift thumb and click. With the G500 it's more a 'lift-bend' then click. It was more natural on the G5. It's a very minor change and one I got used to quickly with the G500 - not a really big deal to me. Mostly voicing my opinion in an opinion thread :p

the G500 the thumb buttons are above the thumb area... not below.. or you sit your thumb over them buttons?

Just tried it and resting my thumbs on the button directly works great the end hits the one button while my first thumb joint can hit the back on easily.
I rest my thumb in the groove below the buttons, but when I raise it up to reach them they are perfectly positioned so I can hit them easily. The forward button is right below the tip of my finger and the back button is right below my thumb joint. Once I move my thumb upwards, I don't have to do anything other than rock my finger to press either of the buttons, which is perfect for me.

ya, that is what i just tried and it is a very nice fit, may need to try assining some keys to those buttons now.

Back