logitech G3 mouse setpoint vs intellipoint question

RedStarSQD

Limp Gawd
Previously i have used Microsoft optical mice --I'm left-handed for mice only :)
So i jumped to logitech when i heard of the G3. It's all good except for the following quirk...

I can't seem to differentiate games from regular apps. I only need all games to recognize the 3rd and 4th buttons ...this is accomplished by setting each button to a keystroke. Intellipoint allows you to do this for each game ...when you leave the game, your buttons revert to the default ...back or forward (perfect for browsing) using 3rd and 4th buttons.

However, with setpoint it seems that you have to set the 3rd and 4th buttons to a key assignment as the default. So now you can't simply use the back/forward ability for browsing. Instead, you manually have to go back into setpoint and click on set to default.

The whole gaming panel seems backwards ... allowing to keep changes instead of making changes just for the games.

Is this how it works? Or, am i missing something(i must be as no review i have read has mentioned this odd software preference behaviour)???

TIA :)

well with my Razer mouse, the best luck ive had is to assign them as mouse 4 + 5, do you have that option? because then you most likely can bind it in game :)

not ..in the few games i have tried so far.

edit: Well you are right.i have tried a few new games...and the buttons are recognized.
So i guess this must be pretty much a non issue --except in some limited cases.

thanks for the incentive to look at more games.

Back