Linus Tech Tips.... bad work ethics or just bad management?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsumi

[H]F Junkie
Just saw this come up in my Youtube feed, but Gamers Nexus just posted a video essentially questioning the ethics of the Linus Media Group. This was in response to Linus calling out other groups (including Gamers Nexus and Hardware Unboxed) for bias and inaccurate data.

I haven't watched the whole video yet but Gamers Nexus spends at least 30 minutes presenting proof of bad LTT data, at least based on the chapter titles. More reason to not trust or watch Linus I suppose.

Video summary:
This video is not monetized. This video covers our serious concerns regarding the data accuracy of Linus Media Group, including Linus Tech Tips, ShortCircuit, and TechQuickie, particularly as it relates to rushing content out the door to favor -- by staff's own admission -- quantity over quality. As the company continues to expand into its LTT Labs direction, the importance of accurate data increases; however, even as 'only' entertainment, there are still certain responsibilities to the consumer and the manufacturers to report fairly (and to have defined corrections processes in place). We tried to approach this as objectively as possible and hope that viewers are able to listen to the evidence we present, particularly as it relates to significant and frequent data errors that now present in nearly every technical review video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGW3TPytTjc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back