Like to know if this setup is good.

Looks good, but definitely get 2x1024 ram if you plan on gaming.

I don't know anything about the monitor your picked so I can't comment on that.

I will have to discourage you from getting an Aspire case - I have one that looks almost identical to yours, and about 4 weeks after using it, the wires powering the LEDs in the front of the case caught fire and burnt to hell. My house could have burnt down had I not been there when it happened.

I'd consider dropping the 4200 to a 3800 and getting a faster vid card or 2GB of RAM. I'd also go with a different case. Everything else looks fine.

i myself wouldnt get a gigabyte motherboard. if your over clocking i wouldnt get value memory either but if your not that memory would be ok.i dont know if i would get a maxtor drive either ive seen lots of complaints on those lately i would go with seagate or western digital.

Gigabyte's alright IMO. You might want to consider the Asus SLI Deluxe or DFI Ultra-D though. I'd also drop the processor down to a 3800+ and get another gig of RAM.

It's better, but you still need to get 2GB of RAM. The stuff DejaWiz posted should be fine. Drop those speakers. If you really need some, get these.

Yeah those speakers look ... uh... retarded and probably sound like shit. Go for the much cheaper Logitech ones posted above. Logitech makes good stuff.

sc00ter said:
It's better, but you still need to get 2GB of RAM. The stuff DejaWiz posted should be fine. Drop those speakers. If you really need some, get these.

There is a set of those in my votec class, they're not so bad ;)

ATIIsBetter said:
There is a set of those in my votec class, they're not so bad ;)

Yeah..but they're waay more expensive then they need to be, especially when you can get something just as good *cough*Logitech*cough* for a lot less. :p

Back