Lenovo Thinkpad X300 - Oh Hell Yes

As soon as they put in something less spendy than the SSD, our IT guys will put in an order for me. Looking forward to this laptop. Having to pack twp laptops on work trips (quite literally half way around the globe), it would be really nice to have an update to the x60s - an extra 2G of RAM and a better screen would be nice.

It's out! And with my employee pricing it's below $2000! That's cheaper than the 64GB SSD alone!

Anyone else notice that the DVD drive is fixed and not modular? I want to be able to take out the DVD drive when I don't need it so I can install a secondary battery.

Looking at the tabook that was released, they are actually modular. YOu can use the dvd, a battery, or a lightweight travel bezel.

Looking at the tabook that was released, they are actually modular. YOu can use the dvd, a battery, or a lightweight travel bezel.

When I spec one out on lenovo.com. I can only select DVD or battery and there are no options to buy the other as an accessory..... It also has the DVD under "fixed bay"

There are users on the thinkpad forums that have their hands on an X300 and confirmed that it is swappable. The accessories aren't up for sale yet on lenovo.com (you can't even buy an extra normal battery). The part numbers for the bay battery and the cdrom are on the thinkpad forums.

Back