LCD input Lag problems: new tests of 2405fpw and 244t

greygoose said:
im bumping this to see if any more to add.
any monitors free from satan's grasp?

shit i might as well cancel my lcd order and stick with this old crt??

If it's an aperture grille/Trinitron and >20", I wouldn't switch. I was on a 17" aperture myself, however, so viewable space for me was a big issue. But if you're on more than 20", you should definitely wait.

Mav451 said:
If it's an aperture grille/Trinitron and >20", I wouldn't switch. I was on a 17" aperture myself, however, so viewable space for me was a big issue. But if you're on more than 20", you should definitely wait.

the one lcd which i ordered was a dell 2007wfp.
the crt which i have is a 17inch KDS. its many years old and serves its purpose. but i want an lcd to make room on my desk. this crt is huge

after reading all this and finding my fvorite 24" LCD which is Acer 2423W, 8bit 6ms P-MVA, average 30ms of input lag, I'm wondering If I should get it or if I should get 24" CRT Trinitron for $200.
I'm on 19" Brilliance CRT, mainly Battlefield online gaming.
Right now I'm 75% decided to get that 24" CRT and don't bother with ghosting and lag, wait for technology to evolve...

I tried upping the refresh to 75 Hz but the monitor is saying it's an unsupported mode. How do you do this with an NVidia card?

You can find it under Screen Reseoution & Refresh Rate then make sure that the box is un ticked next to Hide Modes that this monitor cannot support.

Then goto Custum resolutions and refresh rate, then click on the ADD button and go from there..

I have a GF 6800gt APG and have my 2405FPW contcted through DVIand have custom modes up to 240 Hertz.

I don't why but the higher the Hertz the faster the mouse responds.

Hope this helps

Is this complete rubbish like I think it is? Can anyone confirm this?

If I select >60Hz in Windows, my screen goes blank until Windows switches back to 60Hz.

The monitor can only do 60Hz. And that means the gfx card HAS TO be outputting 60Hz. When I edit the registry and set 100Hz as default for a certain resolution my monitor cannott run that rez and my UT3 doesnt even list that mode in its settings menu.

To me it sounds like he was happily changing his refresh rate in Windows, which wasn't actually working, and the placebo effect makes him think he got less lag?

Back