Latest AMD drivers broke monitor calibration

apehangers

Limp Gawd
The latest AMD video drivers (version 12) have broken the communication between my NEC Spectraview software and my monitors. I have to go back to version 11 to make it work. The software recognizes the monitors fine, but cant communicate with them over the DVI connection. I tried changing some options in the AMD software, but no joy. Since I game and edit photo's on the same PC, this is a problem.

I would but after searching their web page, I haven't found anything other than hardware warranty repair contact info. I'm also curious if anyone else has had this issue and I posted this as something for folks to watch for.

The latest AMD video drivers (version 12) have broken the communication between my NEC Spectraview software and my monitors. I have to go back to version 11 to make it work. The software recognizes the monitors fine, but cant communicate with them over the DVI connection. I tried changing some options in the AMD software, but no joy. Since I game and edit photo's on the same PC, this is a problem.

Does NEC's MultiProfiler recognize your monitor? Mine doesn't communicate either.

Yes I'm using AMD video dunno what version as I'm running Linux right now. DisplaySync Pro doesn't work well either, so I'm more inclined to blame NEC's firmware AND software.

I don't use that particular software, but looking at the screen captures, I think Spectraview uses a similar screen.

SpectraView only communicates over the video cable with the LCD2690 but it can talk to the MultiSync PA Series via USB. I'll pass this thread on to my contacts at AMD.

SpectraView only communicates over the video cable with the LCD2690 but it can talk to the MultiSync PA Series via USB. I'll pass this thread on to my contacts at AMD.

Thanks, I couldn't find anywhere on the AMD pages to report this problem. Going back to the previous version of the AMD video driver definitely solves the problem. But it would be nice to be able to run the latest supported drivers.

Back