Laptop battery timer / benchmark

Anyone know of a utility I can use to time the operating life of a laptop battery? Just something I can set running and forget about and then come back later in the day after the thing has died, reboot and find the time elapsed recorded - don't want it to run any apps, just a timer.

Thanks.

battery life depends on alot of different things. size of battery(mAh), computer specs. power settings. applications running. screen size. once u fully charge and discharge the battery a few times the windows battery meter should be fairly accurate, but again its going to give you approximate time at current settings.

Just download a simple software stopwatch, and start it when the laptop is fully charged. Or use a regular stop watch

The idea is that I can leave the things running over night and reboot in the morning and get a total time reading.

I'm afraid software stopwatches don't work - tried that. They key into the motherboard clock - so when you reboot they are showing the total time since you started the clock running, including any time the system was off - ie the clock effectively doesn't stop when the system is off.

Code one in VB.net :) Write a conditional statement to recognize a shutdown and count that as the final variable and exit the program and write it quickly to text . Idk, I have no other ideas.

Back