Lack of innovation of Mice

The simplest thing to do (though it still has a cost) is many ambidextrous shaped mouse and have 2-3 buttons n BOTH sides that users can either enable or replace with a cap. Those who are dextrous enough to make use of both sides can do that, but a left handed person wanting a conventional mousing experience could simply put the blank caps on the left side of the mouse and the functional button/switch caps moved over to the right side, and then just use software (ideally open source and with profiles onboard) to swap left and right click functionality. It shouldn't be too difficult really and not much more expensive than the general use. Let me look around a bit, maybe there's a project on my hands...

Logitech G903 let's you switch the sides the buttons are on. It uses magnets and you can have them on the left, right, on both sides, or just have none.

Logitech G903 let's you switch the sides the buttons are on. It uses magnets and you can have them on the left, right, on both sides, or just have none.
Ah, makes sense. I vaguely remember a lot of the more premium "older" mice had options on both sides or let you swap things around on the modular ones. I have a SteelSeries Sensei (Laser) that is ambidextrous and has buttons on both sides included by default (you can disable one or the other if desired if it gets in your way) but more recently I've found it seems fewer mice seem to offer both and/or swappable features even on symmetrically shaped mice.

Back