Kuhler Question

The 920 is the better unit, simply due to the larger, thicker radiator.

But you have a Noctua... is there any particular reason why you would want to switch? The Noctua itself is a fairly beastly heatsink.

The 920 is the better unit, simply due to the larger, thicker radiator.

But you have a Noctua... is there any particular reason why you would want to switch? The Noctua itself is a fairly beastly heatsink.

Well, I am not sure if my temps would benefit (the Noctua is doing fine as is I think, im OC to 4.5 Ghz and temps are 28c Idle and 64c full load) but just for the hell of it I wanted to experiment some and just give it a try. Also, The Noctua is one large, heavy suker man.

Another question I would like to ask.

The 920 is already fitted with a push/pull set up?

And I think it already comes with Tim applied. Should that remain or would it be better if wiped off and ICdiamond or Artic Silver applied? (or some other tim?)

i know you asking about the Antec 920 but i would go with the H70 only because of Corsair and there Warranty and Customer Service. because if your H70 and it spills on your parts corsair will replace your part's. i cant say that about antec.

Another question I would like to ask.

The 920 is already fitted with a push/pull set up?

And I think it already comes with Tim applied. Should that remain or would it be better if wiped off and ICdiamond or Artic Silver applied? (or some other tim?)

Yes, I believe it comes with two fans. Warning though, the fans are incredibly loud at max speed. Fortunately it kind of comes with a software and hardware to control it. Don't know exactly the details since I'm only trying to remember the top of my head.

As for the thermal paste... they claim it's the Shin-Etsu X23 that's pre-applied. As for replacing it, only if you have better, or you prefer using the pea/dot/rice grain method of applying instead of they way they have it. Might be better to leave it as-is.

OK, Thank you for the replies.
I am going to order it and re-post with some results once I have it mounted.

Back