Keyboard With LOL, THX, TTYL Buttons

HardOCP News

[H] News
At last, a keyboard for all of us people that are too lazy to type abbreviations! Damn man, you are lazy as hell if you can’t be bothered to type three and four letter abbreviations. :eek:

So all these abbreviations and chatspeak things aren't bad enough? UGH No wonder so many younger people can't spell anymore and no wonder people are getting lazier. If you need to buy a special keyboard that types LOL for you, it's definitely time to just shut down, unplug, disconnect internet and walk away from the computer. kthxbai

They should've take a step in the opposite direction and required modifier keys to type in numbers. That way people will be encouraged to type in "to", "two", or "too" instead of "2". Better yet, have a thesaurus built into the keyboard firmware so that your LOLs turn out to be random synonyms.

Anyone else notice that the keys are alphabetically ordered and also qwerty ordered? That's weird.

They should've take a step in the opposite direction and required modifier keys to type in numbers. That way people will be encouraged to type in "to", "two", or "too" instead of "2". Better yet, have a thesaurus built into the keyboard firmware so that your LOLs turn out to be random synonyms.

I concur, each time an individual attempts one of these it is quickly replaced with an insult or a random derogatory statement.

Am I the only who thought? "that would be handy in games" Its not so much about being lazy, Its about being shot at at the same time. True, there are headsets, but doesn't that make you even lazier?

I want one :(

If this keyboard came in pink, sadly, it'd be an Amazon best seller during Christmas season. :eek: :D

The main purpose of this keyboard would be to appeal to online gamers, who have little or no time to pass a few words between each other. It has nothing to do with being lazy...:rolleyes:

Although you can make key bindings, its not possible to use them extensively in all games.

The main purpose of this keyboard would be to appeal to online gamers, who have little or no time to pass a few words between each other. It has nothing to do with being lazy...:rolleyes:

Although you can make key bindings, its not possible to use them extensively in all games.

No this is lazy. I've been a gamer for almost 18 years now. And there is ALWAYS time to type out a few letters after you got your ass handed to you.

Now what gamer says TTYL in game? :D

From what I'm used to seeing online that could be best summed up into one word...

This keyboard is conspicuously missing the "SHITCAWK!" macro.

This is stupid. Not just because of the abbreviations, but did anyone else notice how the keys are arranged alphabetically? Why teach kids to type on a non-QWERTY layout when every other keyboard they encounter uses QWERTY? They'll just get used to something that will be totally useless for them in the future.

am I the only one that would take longer to remember to take my hands from normal position and remember to hit the specific key for eaach one compared to just typing it? Seems like it would take me longer lol.

This keyboard was discovered at a toy fair alongside educational games for kids so it apparently wasn't made for the convenience of hardcore gamers. I wouldn't want my kids to learn to type on this thing though.

A gamer would probably waste more time trying to remember which Function key refers to "LOL" (or looking for it on the keyboard) as opposed to typing the 2 extra characters.

sigh
you can prolly type out the acronym faster than fumbling over some dumb shortcut button

Learning to type properly in the first place helps. I've been criticized for making lengthy posts that nobody wanted to read on a previous thread. I prefer to type out my thoughts using proper grammar. The fact that I can type over 80 words per minute probably helps explain why my posts are more lengthy. I would speculate that people do not like to read long posts because there's too much information in this day to process. I contrast that with the time when printed type did not exist. Reading anything at all was a luxury afforded to very few. The written word is taken far too much for granted. I appreciate the beauty of language and the written word. It seems that in this day, fluid writing has been supplanted for the sake of brevity.

I think text messaging is largely to blame. I do not have or use any devices of that nature. I'm a bit old fashioned you could say, but if I am not mistaken do they not limit the length of messages, or else charge money based on the length of a text message? If there's a character limit then that helps explain the harsh abbreviations that are commonly used. Why someone would need these shortcuts on a computer keyboard where there are no such limits makes no sense. Typing lol or omgwtfbbq is nothing on a computer. I can type out "magnetohydrodynamics" faster than some people can find the keys for that particular abbreviation. On a phone where texting is more difficult without the benefit of a full keyboard, such shortcuts would seem be more logical. Still, why not just call the person if you want to talk?

Learning to type properly in the first place helps. I've been criticized for making lengthy posts that nobody wanted to read on a previous thread. I prefer to type out my thoughts using proper grammar. The fact that I can type over 80 words per minute probably helps explain why my posts are more lengthy. I would speculate that people do not like to read long posts because there's too much information in this day to process. I contrast that with the time when printed type did not exist. Reading anything at all was a luxury afforded to very few. The written word is taken far too much for granted. I appreciate the beauty of language and the written word. It seems that in this day, fluid writing has been supplanted for the sake of brevity.

I think text messaging is largely to blame. I do not have or use any devices of that nature. I'm a bit old fashioned you could say, but if I am not mistaken do they not limit the length of messages, or else charge money based on the length of a text message? If there's a character limit then that helps explain the harsh abbreviations that are commonly used. Why someone would need these shortcuts on a computer keyboard where there are no such limits makes no sense. Typing lol or omgwtfbbq is nothing on a computer. I can type out "magnetohydrodynamics" faster than some people can find the keys for that particular abbreviation. On a phone where texting is more difficult without the benefit of a full keyboard, such shortcuts would seem be more logical. Still, why not just call the person if you want to talk?

I support your thoughts, and would like to subscribe to your news letter. :p

But it's so... choppy.

TLDR ;) :p :D (Sorry - I couldn't resist)

Yes, (SMS) text messages are limited to 160 characters. I believe Twitter has a similar character limit, too, but while I text, i don't twit (tweet).

Back