Keyboard didn't start with PC

Vince_M

n00b
Today I turned on my PC and noticed that my keyboard didn't start with it. I unplug keyboard USB and plugged it in motherboard in the same USB port and keyboard came to life. Turned off PC, started it again, it is working normally.

Was this some kind of BIOS bug, USB port problem, small malfunction because of dust or is it start of some big problem (MBO)? Should I forgot about this? I never had problem like this before.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about it unless it persists with high frequency. Maybe look at USB initialization settings in the BIOS.

I wouldn't sweat it unless it happens repeatedly. This was probably just a fluke.

I was having this problem frequently with my X690 Aorus Elite AX /12700K pc.... I am curious what chipset / processor you are running... a few times a week my Keyboard and or mouse would be unresponsive, until physically unplugged and plugged back in. It was VERY irritating, In my case it "seems" to have stopped after updating bios / drivers? However it is also possible that moving the keyboard and mouse to a different port, plugged into a USB Hub on my desk now, so that I do not have to crawl under my desk to unplug the keyboard / mouse if the issue happens.

I am still not exactly what the problem was/ is... since I switched ports and updated bios and software, but happily for me /touchwood things seem to be working ok now.

My Corsair Strafe RGB does it sometimes the iCue software is borky sometimes.

atarione I have Asus x470 Strix and 5600X.

I posted this 8 days ago, it happened only that one time so I think it shouldn't be nothing serious. Thank you all for answering.

Back