Just got a Windows Phone 7...

obviouslytom

Fully [H]
and for the life of me I can not figure out how to get Outlook 2010 to sync the contacts to it. I was able to get the my desktop, running Windows 7, to recognize the phone with the Zune software and thats about it.

I have searched the internets but keep finding stuff on how to do it with Outlook 2003. Anyone know what I can do?

The best way to handle this is to have an email exchange server at work that your phone can sync with over the air. This is the preferred method for contact, calendar, and email sync. Microsoft offers an alternative with "cloud" sync and Hotmail for those that do not have access to an exchange server at work or would like a secondary personal account. You need to setup a Hotmail account and install Outlook Connector in Outlook 2010 then sync from Outlook to Hotmail. After all your information is on Hotmail you can setup Outlook on other computers and sync from Hotmail to the computer. The cool thing about syncing in this method is that it allows you to switch phones at will and reset your phone if needed without having to save contacts because all the data is stored in a server or in the "cloud".

Last edited:
I was able to take my contacts at home and email myself the contact cards and the windows phone was able to import those. Now i will work on the calendar since my wife like to setup calendar events for us

If you signed into Windows Live on the phone then it's already syncing your calender to the online one. Just set up Outlook Connector on your PC and log into the same Live account.

If you signed into Windows Live on the phone then it's already syncing your calender to the online one. Just set up Outlook Connector on your PC and log into the same Live account.

I got the outlook connector and I have a live account but I dont know why I cant get it to sync up with my calendar.

I could just wait till Skydrive goes live for windows phone later this year

EDIT: I didnt realize that i could edit in an event into my live.com account. I am stupid

Last edited:
Which phone did you get? I was looking at getting the HTC Arrive since I am on Sprint.
and for some reason, I can't get that Outlook connector to pop up after I install it and run outlook 2010.
I am trying to Sync my calendars from Outlook to my windows Live account.

Back