June 29th NDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this image appropriate:

giphy.gif

Nobody knows. At least nobody who can say anything.

('cause it's under NDA)

The graphics division is probably going to shit and fall over and they don't want anybody to know

They can't adjust the clocks through the driver?? The cards have already hit the channels.

It's too late for that. The cards are already being packaged and shipped if it's not a paper launch unless they plan to do some software changes and update drivers on launch.

But you may have been joking. It will be a interesting launch.

Wish [H] was officially in the loop though.

With the way reviews are being done on youtube etc now. Hardware website reviews are going slowly bye bye. Techreport, Sharky Extreme, Anandtech......Like I have posted before. It is now out with the old in with the new.

This is probably why AMD didn't send anything to [H] No need too.

I know that video is a big thing in the review space (I'm a video engineer). But I have no interest in watching a card review. I want to see specs; I want to know how the card performs in games. Both of which can be satisfied with a written article. Not to mention that I can find things a lot easier with CTRL-F...

Don't get me wrong the video card review would be fair and impartial, but it is AMD's choice. Either the card is totally badass and you were wrong about being hot and the clocks, Or you are right and we will see another article from you blasting AMD and proving you were right Which would be warrented!).

Since you aren't under NDA, why dont you just post what you know from your sources?
AMD has zero choice in if we do or don't review their cards, just like with Nano. Haha! The AMD fanboys would put out a hit on me if I did an "I told you so." piece. That all said, I think you might read that editorial again, as you seem to not understand exactly what was said in it. I believe if I turned out specific data it could be traced back to the source and I in no way would do that, and it was agreed that I would not do that.

It's too late for that.
Not really. There is a lot to be done on the software side.

Did AMD say anywhere that these would be available for purchase on the 29th publicly?

I wonder how big their driver team is compared to Nvidia's.

Quite a bit smaller I think. Not that it makes a heck of a lot of difference these days. I don't think there is anything driver wise between the 2 camps.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
With the way reviews are being done on youtube etc now. Hardware website reviews are going slowly bye bye. Techreport, Sharky Extreme, Anandtech......Like I have posted before. It is now out with the old in with the new.

This is probably why AMD didn't send anything to [H] No need too.

I seriously wonder if Scott is regretting his move to AMD from TR.

Before his career jump, he was putting out some of the best GPU reviews on the net. He was always about honesty and transparency to his readers.

I seriously wonder if Scott is regretting his move to AMD from TR.

Before his career jump, he was putting out some of the best GPU reviews on the net. He was always about honesty and transparency to his readers.

TR definitely slowed down after his departure. Really too bad as it was one of the three places I go to first (H, TPU, TR) - ironically the same three that weren't sampled a Nano.

So what happens if your source is wrong? Do you plan to make an editorial about how you were wrong and blame the sources for misleading you? I know you are going to buy the card. There will be plenty of stock for you to do so.

But how do you prove your source if right? What if the source is purposely misleading you to make you look bad?

We have sources that say Saddam Hussein has WMD's. We must attack.

So what happens if your source is wrong? Do you plan to make an editorial about how you were wrong and blame the sources for misleading you? I know you are going to buy the card. There will be plenty of stock for you to do so.

But how do you prove your source if right? What if the source is purposely misleading you to make you look bad?
Cross that bridge when I come to it.

It's too late for that. The cards are already being packaged and shipped if it's not a paper launch unless they plan to do some software changes and update drivers on launch.

But you may have been joking. It will be a interesting launch.

Wish [H] was officially in the loop though.

R9 290 performance, basically effective stock clocks, were not finalized until after the cards were given to reviewers (reviewers had to actually redo benchmarks).

The AMD Radeon R9 290 Review

I talked to AMD today, it is discussed in the editorial thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back