iTunes Help Please!!

Forsakenzoul

Limp Gawd
is there a way to clear the whole library from iTunes WITHOUT! deleting the actual files? Im usin a PC but since this about iTunes i posted here. I just want to have a clean library and start adding songs from scratch. I tried uninstalling and re installing it but ther damn library still there. Thanx in advance. :)

By default if you highlight all the songs and hit delete it will ask you if you want to keep the files, if that is what you mean?

Edit: Just hit keep files once you get that option, your files will be retained in the iTunes music folder, but your library will be empty.

I believe it's like Windows Media Player you can select the songs you want to remove the library and hit delete, depending how you have your preferences set up it will ask if you want to remove the selected song files or just remove from library. Then just select remove from library and you'll be fine.

I've played around with it in iTune 4.9 for OSX and it works the same way. If it doesn't work that way for you you should be fine in that it'll just move the files to the Recycle Bin and then you can restore them. Then regroup.

i dont have the songs in the iTunes music folder. They are on a separate folder and had added them by going to File > Add folder. I selected all and then right clicked and selected "Clear" then it said praparing to remove songs or something and when that was done (4K+ songs) it said if i wanted to keep the files in the recycle been. so i canceled it. i mean if i right click a single song and select clear then it just goes away from the library but stays in my hard drive but when i do all at once the promt comes up :-?

what you could have also done is moved all the music somewhere else like a different folder, then delete them in iTunes, since it wont be able to find them, it cant delete them from the HD

Back