Is my LCD Panel bugged? - test picture is in here! - 56k friendly

GodSpeed

Limp Gawd
//Added// this also happens when selecting images in IE.

Ew, I just got my brand spanking new Dell 2005FPW, and I was doing graphic design and then this happened :O

Looky at what happens to your poor LCD panel when you pass a 1/0 black/white pixel pattern through it:

ew.gif

Can someone explain to me why this is happening? This doesn't happen for horizontal bars though. Another thing is that in the corner of my eye I can see slight fuzzyness in the pixels, as if I could see the refresh (which is unbelievable, maybe it's just me and my superman eye sight?)

Heres is what it looks like on my screen:
ew2.gif

Is this my video card? I must get answers or I may return this beautifle monster :eek:

Looks like plain old black and white lines on my poor LCD panel.. I don't exactly get what your problem is. Judging from your photo of it, it looks like bad TV reception and I don't know what would cause that.. maybe interference in your cables?

I'm not at home to test with an LCD, but do you have speakers, or a fan running nearr the screen, even if plugged into the same outlet from a distance.

With my CRT at work, I get a bit of a moire effect near the corners, kind of a wavy pattern, but still. Though, it looks like it moves when you drag that picture around it.

Ok looks like this could just be some power issue, I'll try something tommorow.

I have two 2005fpws, one on VGA and one on DVI. The DVI looks perfect. The VGA one looks almost the same, less sharp, and staring into it a bit I think I noticed something going on, but mostly un-noticable, nothing like what you show.

Corebreach, that website should be stickied on these forums, it's really informative and helpful!

Back