Is my 4070 pci-e lane damaged?

matpc

n00b
that^^

1708104631192.png

ps: you can just drag and drop pics into the text box, no need for a host site anymore.

hmm i see

i thought it was something wrong since my 3060 also from gigabyte had all straight pins

so no damage whatsoever and in the long run as well? no need to rma?

Thanks

hmm i see

i thought it was something wrong since my 3060 also from gigabyte had all straight pins

so no damage whatsoever and in the long run as well? no need to rma?

Thanks
are they lifted from the edge? if not, no prob and game on. if yes, then yeah maybe talk to GB.

are they lifted from the edge? if not, no prob and game on. if yes, then yeah maybe talk to GB.
do you mean like a wire upwards ? they seem properly imprinted to the gpu but still bent diagonally

what bugs me is that they are simetrically bent , on both sides

do you mean like a wire upwards ? they seem properly imprinted to the gpu but still bent diagonally

yup. then thats how they are supposed to be.
once its in the slot you wont see them :)

Insignificant manufacturing deviation. Also the slightly shorter pin 2 from the last is common for pcie devices.

No issue, enjoy the card

yup. then thats how they are supposed to be.
once its in the slot you wont see them :)
i´m not seeing anything upwards and the gpu fits ok into the motherboard

i really don´t want to rma unless it is a problem

i´m not seeing anything upwards and the gpu fits ok into the motherboard

i really don´t want to rma unless it is a problem
then its fine, like cdabc said: manufacturing deviation.
no need to. reinstall it and keep gaming.

then its fine, like cdabc said: manufacturing deviation.
no need to. reinstall it and keep gaming.
hmm i see

sorry being insistent , so no damage in the long run , no performance loss and it will not get worse due to usage/heat?

Thanks

hmm i see

sorry being insistent , so no damage in the long run , no performance loss and it will not get worse due to usage/heat?

Thanks
its fine. if anything, it would have shorted out and started on fire the first time you fired it up. did that happen? no. so put it back it and get to gaming.

It is fine, those little fingers on the trace only exist to aid in the gold plating of the copper and serve no other functional purpose. And sometimes these get a little bent during the milling process of the edge.

its fine. if anything, it would have shorted out and started on fire the first time you fired it up. did that happen? no. so put it back it and get to gaming.
Would there be a risk to literally fire the gpu lol?

what do you mean by level?
is the card level or sagging? i cant tell from that pic. if its level, leave it. if its not, you get to decide if you want it level...
also, just drag pics into the reply/text window, you do not have to keep using imgur....

is the card level or sagging? i cant tell from that pic. if its level, leave it. if its not, you get to decide if you want it level...
also, just drag pics into the reply/text window, you do not have to keep using imgur....
with my finger i can pull it slighty up but it does seem like i´m forcing upwards , not supporting it

one last thing , is there a way to benchmark the fps to know if the gpu is performing properly?

Thanks

Man, i always just slap a new part in and send it when i upgrade. My way would be play a game you usually play, is it better? good to go. It will tend to either work or not, if you are going to try to chase down some percentage of expectation, there are a lot of variables in play.

If you are wanting to make sure a pin connection isnt causing problems, you will know.

Don't let anxiety make this less fun, go play some games and have fun!

Back