iRacing - 3 Month Trial - $10

TechLarry

RIP [H] Brother - June 1, 2022
https://members.iracing.com/membersite/SubscriptionSelection.do?promotion_code=PR-2015NASCARDAYTONA

"The 2015 racing season is just getting started so now is a great time give iRacing.com a try - especially with this money saving offer of 3-months for $10, plus BONUS content of Daytona International Speedway, Chevrolet SS Gen6 Stock Car and the Ford GT Race Car.
Race the Daytona 24 - a team based 24-hour endurance race on January 31st
Race the Daytona 500 - the biggest NASCAR race of the year is on iRacing too
Join today and see for yourself what nearly 60,000 members already know - iRacing is the most authentic and exciting online racing game available!"

Nice deal for new members. It's a shame iRacing doesn't offer existing members promos since we have to put up with the service going down at random all the time

Current members get black friday discounts and few other deals over the year.

Nice deal for new members. It's a shame iRacing doesn't offer existing members promos since we have to put up with the service going down at random all the time

They do. They offer half-price renewals every summer.

I am currently paid up for over a year and a half, get a year for 49 or 59 dollars at thanksgiving, you can purchase up to 2 years I think.

How come everyone in iracing get so butt hurt when I crash to other people

I am currently paid up for over a year and a half, get a year for 49 or 59 dollars at thanksgiving, you can purchase up to 2 years I think.

I'm good through 2018 or something because of the discounts :)

does this include the MID Ohio course, or is it still extra ? does it activate on steam?

Can you use iRacing alone on a course, or with just 1 friend?

Or do you have to be in a grid full of random racers?

You can test by your self with any car/track combination. You can also host your own sessions, be it practice, racing etc at a cost, its a dollar for a 2 hour session (you set which specific cars can join, which track, weather, if you need a password to join or public etc.)

There are open practice sessions as well for that weeks official races where anyone can join.

You can test by your self with any car/track combination. You can also host your own sessions, be it practice, racing etc at a cost, its a dollar for a 2 hour session (you set which specific cars can join, which track, weather, if you need a password to join or public etc.)

There are open practice sessions as well for that weeks official races where anyone can join.

So a sub to play and extra fees like this? Did we go back to 1997 AOL gaming?

Does this game play well with a controller? I'm too poor to afford a nice wheel. I just have this wired Xbawx controller.

Does this game play well with a controller? I'm too poor to afford a nice wheel. I just have this wired Xbawx controller.

I would assume you could make it work, however I can tell you right now this isn't for you. This is the racing game for people that are serious about racing Sims. Plenty of casual games out there but this isn't one.

How come everyone in iracing get so butt hurt when I crash to other people

If you can't hold your line in traffic, then you really shouldn't be racing online.

10+ years of Papyrus sims, and I can barely hold a line against AI racers, let alone human ones.

It's a racing sim, so the goal is to race against other players. There is no AI. You can test by yourself on any track you own, in any car you own at any time. You can also practice online with other racers at any time. The number of other racers in any practice session varies greatly, but you can usually find either an empty server (though it likely will not stay empty) or a server with at least a handful of other drivers. You can run Time Trials any time you want, and those are usually empty also. However, races, which are kinda the purpose of a racing sim, are against other people.

If you think, "I'm good at GT5/Forza, I can just jump into a race and I should do well", you will be disappointed. It's not easy. It requires practice to be decent. It requires lots and lots of practice to be good.

If you think, "I'm good at GT5/Forza, I can just jump into a race and I should do well", you will be disappointed.
I was actually remembering playing GT3 with a friend way back when, and we'd race against each other or try to execute stupid maneuvers together. If I were to buy it for said friend and I, I'd not want to subject the rest of the community to our shenanigans, so I was looking for a "private race" mode of some sort.

I was actually remembering playing GT3 with a friend way back when, and we'd race against each other or try to execute stupid maneuvers together. If I were to buy it for said friend and I, I'd not want to subject the rest of the community to our shenanigans, so I was looking for a "private race" mode of some sort.

This is not really your thing.

Is this better than Assetto Corsa?

Yes but in a very different way. iRacing is a very serious online racer with deep communities, teams, rules,a sanctiong body, and competition. People complain about the price but it sort of acts as a pay wall against (some) idiots. It's crazy how good iRacing is as a racing simulation. As a game, or driving experience, Assetto Corsa is damn nice, and graphically FAR superior to iracing. As racing simulator, iracing is unrivaled tho.. Its just a matter of what you want.

Yes but in a very different way. iRacing is a very serious online racer with deep communities, teams, rules,a sanctiong body, and competition. People complain about the price but it sort of acts as a pay wall against (some) idiots. It's crazy how good iRacing is as a racing simulation. As a game, or driving experience, Assetto Corsa is damn nice, and graphically FAR superior to iracing. As racing simulator, iracing is unrivaled tho.. Its just a matter of what you want.

O...M....G.... if the YT video's are real in-game video, that thing is fucking GORGEOUS!

Pre-rendered. Figures. Damn the lies !

It looks ok in reality.

Boy, the complaints about Assetto are epic.

Pre-rendered. Figures. Damn the lies !

It looks ok in reality.

Boy, the complaints about Assetto are epic.

It's not a bad as folks make it out to be. It was early access which makes it seem worse, but now its mostly feature filled. It's not my top game. Force feedback is finally fixed and is better than iracing. iRacing remains by far the best sim, just needs to be updated to DX11. For folks looking to step-up from gran turismo or forza its epic. For folks looking for more of a GT or forza like experience on PC, AC is a good fit.

DX11 is coming "Soon" (inside iR joke :))

I love one review where the guy says "They made it so you can set the number of laps. You can now race the AI for a full race and not have to worry about refueling. This was necessary because with long 60 lap races, the AI didn't know how to pit".

LOL

iRacing is something Hardopc should start looking at in testing gaming setups...I have not been on iRacing since 2013 but I could race up front with anyone..

This was my setup X58 (i7-930) with HD7950 in Eyefinity at 5780 x 1080 on 3 cheap $99 LCD's which I still have.. this is a replay on a heat race I ran at Tally and I shot the video as I see it..(sound head set) put video at 1080p in you tube player if you can..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3e11mkEs_o

Back