IPS vs WQXGA

Gamul1

n00b
Hi,

I've tried poking around looking for my answer but I am only getting partial descriptions or ads for products.

I am looking to understand how IPS relates to WQXGA in terms of two tablets to compare to. Are these the same thing or is IPS some sort of addon on top of the WQXGA?

Screen 1 advertises coming with:
10.1-inch WQXGA Super clear LCD (2560 x 1600 resolution)

Screen 2 advertises coming with
10.1" LED Backlight WQXGA (2560 x 1600) Screen IPS Panel

The only difference is the mention of IPS on the second one. I get that the resolution on both of these is very sharp. I know what IPS is and does for a screen. I read some spec details about WQXGA. None of the WQXGA specs talk about doing what IPS does.

So - my thinking/guess is that IPS is an add on to an existing screen technology and that in terms of picture quality, the second is likely to be sharper/clearer than the first one.

But am I out in left field? ok - I know I am anyway but in this case am I. When a manufacturer is telling me it is WQXGA - is that also saying it is IPS too? I am making assumptions here but that just leads to ignorance and potentially a bad purchase.

Can anyone shed any light on this subject?

Thanks!

thanks all! Appreciate the description. Its what I thought but I was looking for confirmation.

Back